The Vampire Diaries - 11/11/2010 - "Katerina"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by photoshopgrl, Nov 12, 2010.

1. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio

Advertisements

So now we have Warlocks! And he's not a good guy! HA! Bonnie just can't win.

On a shallow note, Elijah is the hotness. I'd rank him third after Damon & Alaric. This show has so much pretty it's ridic!

So even as a human, Kat was a selfish *****. Pretty much guessed it but glad to see it confirmed. Was kinda hoping they'd show a glimpse of Klaus but I think it's too soon. Plus I'm sure they haven't cast him yet. That'll take one bad ass mofo to be convincing.

DO NOT like Damon and Rose getting it on. They have zero chemistry between them. It was uncomfortable to watch them on the floor half clothed.

And the big reveal for me. Vamps compelling other vamps. What the what!?!

2. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    After Elijah survived a stake to the heart, this gets the what the what? :D Obviously he's not a 'normal' vampire.

Maybe Luka (sp?) doesn't know the badness of his dad?

The coffee shop scene with the windows was awesome.

Not surprised about Katherine being a ***** as a human. I think we've got plenty of evidence now that being a vampire doesn't really change who you are. Stefan was the goody two shoes. Damon the emotional one. Caroline is just amped up Caroline. Pearl and Anna just wanted a home and to be loved.

3. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Oh yes, forgot to mention the coffee shop scene. I think it was my favorite. I know instantly what was going on when he picked up the coins. Still thought the execution was fantastic. I really really like this actor as the badass evil vamp!

4. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    OH and next episode isn't until Dec 2. UGH!

And once again, we have a missing vamp slayer. I'm getting really irritated that Alaric is missing all the time.

5. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004

Advertisements

I think Elijah is Klaus. It explains why he's so badass and why nobody can seem to find Klaus.

6. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    You lust after the men, doll; I'll watch for them women!

• Rose is definitely a fine looking hottie. She could compel me to do pretty much anything.
    • Bonnie is simply the prettiest teenage witch ever (sorry Sabrina, er Melissa) and a goddess on that set. Yummy.
    • Caroline has an open, engaging appeal that is sexy and reminds me of high school, in a very good way.
    • Elena/Katherine is a stunner, too. Nina Dobrev certainly disproves any idea of Bulgaria as a dreary dismal place.
    • Anna, Pearl, Isobel; are all female vampires so freakin' gorgeous?

And the non-vamps are lovely, too. Aunt Jenna has to have had many of the townsmen lusting after her.

Perhaps the Sheriff gives the guys reason to resist arrest. Handcuffs, anyone?

That the scripts are so clever is a bonus. Candidly, I'd probably watch this show even if all the women did was read a newspaper.

7. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I would be okay if that were the twist. I think he's badass enough to be Klaus without everyone being let down.

8. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Agreed. Plus if your Elijah, and that bad ass, if you tell others you work for someone else that's even more bad ass it really puts the fear in. Do it for several centuries, you can make yourself out to practically be a god.

9. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I know they usually hire older actors to play teenagers but Luka looks like he's 37 years old. He's also got to be the only black guy named "Luka" in the history of the universe.

And yes, this has to be the prettiest cast on tv. Candice Accola does it for me and I'm still mourning the death of Anna. Vampires must discriminate against the ugly. They only seem to turn good looking people.

I didn't see the coins through the window thing coming at all. That was awesome.

Jeremy can't catch a break but he shouldn't be hitting on a older woman. :)

Vampires, witches, werewolves, warlocks. What's next zombies?

This show chugs along at a breakneck pace.

The Man Card repossessors are probably hunting me down for watching this show but I don't care. It's one of my favorites.

10. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Every new character is supposedly seven times badder and more powerful than the last. It's getting pretty tiring watching the writers fizzle on what used to be such a fresh approach to the genre. All I can say is I hope they can finish off this stupid Klaus storyline quickly and then pretend it never happened and get on with things.

11. Robin

Robin Impolite arrogant woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    Except the guy who'd been stocking up on degrees. I thought his character was interesting but he was nothing to look at. No wonder they offed him.

12. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

13. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Warlocks == male witch

14. walkerism

walkerism The Clean Up Man

Aug 16, 2001
    Miami, FL
    Luka is the little kid from Family Matters.

15. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I'm still loving this show.

I really liked getting the back story on Katherine. I thought it was pretty funny when she explained to Stefan that she'd be the only one safe when Klaus got to town.:eek:

Wonder what it means to 'break the curse'? Will the vamps all be come human again? Wouldn't think they'd want that to happen....

16. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    They stated what would happen. If vamps break the curse, they can walk in sunlight. It doesn't say that they'd be human, they'd just be able to walk in daylight, thereby making them stronger and harder to kill (or hide from).

If werewolves break the curse, they can change at any time, not just at the time of the moon, making them stronger and easier to take down vampires.

At least, that's my understanding of it.

17. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    No, they stated what they believe, which is based on rumors and superstition. Both "daywalking vampire" and "reversion to human" satisfy the "can walk in daylight unaided" condition.

The problem I have with this plotline is that it's too early, it should have been saved for the end of the show. Either result would have been a great way to send off the characters.

18. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I also thought this.

I guess Katherine is the only one who has seen Klaus who could confirm, and she hasn't seen Elijah yet. Although I find it kind of hard to believe that if Klaus was a "nobleman" in England that Rose and Trevor wouldn't have known what he looked like? Maybe he was a hermit nobleman, I guess.

Nice to see that Katherine had a tiny bit of humanity, once upon a time. :)

19. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    When was this stated? This ep or a previous one? I (obviously) missed it.:eek:

20. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    I really loved the first season of this show, but for some reason I let season two pile up on my Tivo. I just burned through all of the episodes over the weekend and I'm now current again. Great show!

The actress that plays Rose looked very familiar to me but I couldn't place her. Turns out she's Bella, from Supernatural. And the university assistant they took a road trip to visit a few episodes back was the reporter last season on Dexter. Thank you, IMDB on both - was driving me crazy trying to figure out where I knew them from.

I could use some help on the lineage/backstory: am I getting this right? --

There are "Original" vampires. There are also "doppelgangers." The show hasn't really defined its use of the term, but at this point I'm taking it to mean "physical duplicate of an Original," and that the doppelgangers are a weak point for their respective Originals. Katerina Petrova was herself a doppelganger, was being hunted by Klaus, but she "escaped" him by orchestrating her death - turning herself into a vampire so she's no longer usable. As time marched on she adopted the name Katherine, lost her accent, and stayed on the run from Klaus - he's held a grudge all these years. Elena is yet another doppelganger of the Original proto-Katherine. She's still human, and is still in danger.

Do I have it, or am I confused?