The Vampire Diaries 1/5/2012 The New Deal

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by hummingbird_206, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Jan 6, 2012 #1 of 44
    hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    It's back, yippee!

Damn it, they've got to quit teasing about killing Jeremy and just do it! Although finding out he was compelled and not just being a jerk made me hate him a little less...but just a little.:D

I'm confused about what interfered with Ric's ring?

2. Jan 6, 2012 #2 of 44
    Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I don't follow these threads often and never realized there was so much hate for Jeremy. I've never really thought much about his character. I did think people here would be happy when they were sending him away at the end of the episode. :)

3. Jan 6, 2012 #3 of 44
    hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    But just sending him away means he'll be back.:mad:

I just hate how they have him as the annoying little brother. They teased us with cool and fun Jeremy when they paired him up with Damon. That was great, but only lasted one ep. Then back to annoying little brother.

4. Jan 6, 2012 #4 of 44
    robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    I find it funny that Elana is so upset about her brother losing his childhood innocence, yet she's the one who decided to start dating a vampire, and she's only like a year or 2 older.

5. Jan 6, 2012 #5 of 44
    NJChris

NJChris Kermie Loves Elmo TCF Club

May 11, 2001
    Huntington...
    Good episode but now that they've indicated ages again... how the heck to they all keep drinking alcohol?

6. Jan 6, 2012 #6 of 44
    hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    lol, that's actually one of the things I find realistic about this show.

7. Jan 8, 2012 #7 of 44
    cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Jeremy is supposed to be 16 but looks 26.

Where the hell was Caroline?

Elena must not have nosey neighbors. I wonder how long that decapitated body was on the front steps. Why did a single arrow incapacitate the hybrid anyway?

I guess we're going to get a lot more Daman/Elena angst now.

Klaus is probably my least favorite vampire of all time. All bluster, very little action. Stupid accent, too.

8. Jan 9, 2012 #8 of 44
    jeepair

jeepair Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Just a guess but maybe each time it is 'used' it takes longer to work and therefore it doesn't work as well as the last time.

9. Jan 9, 2012 #9 of 44
    billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    I thought the rings only worked on 'supernatural' deaths? Maybe the ring is just pissed that the writers count 'being hit by a car DRIVEN by a hybrid' as a supernatural death?

10. billypritchard

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    The arrow thing was funny too because we had two different scenes of Tyler catching an arrow but then Jeremy can just walk up behind and easily shoot another hybrid.

11. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Maybe it's me but it seems wtf-ish that Klaus loves his family so much that he keeps them staked in coffins.

12. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    This show has fallen so far for me this season. Between the 24/7 Klaus and absolutely no Elijah, it's ridiculous. I hate the entire "sire" thing with Tyler. I don't like him and Caroline at odds. Heaven forbid if there be a single couple that's happy for more than 5 minutes on this show. I found myself rolling my eyes for the first time this week. So many things jumping out at me. Some have already been mentioned here with the single arrow incapacitating the hybrid guy on the porch to the head chopping off and leaving the body laying on the porch for God knows how long to Stefan still acting like an ass for no reason to this:

[​IMG]

<sigh> I want my last season's show back.

13. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I don't really understand it myself. His character has never really bothered me in an overall sense. I did really like him with Anna and then when they had him hanging with Damon for the short time. I think with Bonnie he was the least interesting. But then I'm not much of a Bonnie lover either.

Whiny spoiled child. I dislike him so much but he's too uninteresting to even garner my hatred.

This puzzled me too. I'm not calling foul just yet but I hope they make it clear what's going on with that.

Exactly! It's like one person reads part of the script and someone else reads the rest without figuring out what precedence they've already set. :thumbsdown:

14. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I love these picture recaps! Now if I could just remember what website they're from. tv.com?

I kinda wish Sam and Dean Winchester would visit Mystic Falls and kill a bunch of these clowns.

15. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    In defense of the arrow. Tyler was facing Jeremy the 2 times he had an arrow shot at him. Jeremy got that other hybrid in the back.

I didn't get worked up by it, as I don't get worked up by things like this. It's just a TV show filled with stupid goings on. :)

16. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Yeah, like no Caroline. Bastids.

17. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
  18. billypritchard

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
  19. billypritchard

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    I don't mind some of the head-scratchers as the show is still a good, fast, enjoyable watch.

I DO mind the Damon/Elena romance. Blech.

20. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I know! I had to go look it up. I have mad love for Jensen Ackles ever since Dark Angel but I have never seen a single episode of that show. And of course now there are so many seasons I'd hate to even try to catch up.