the Vampire Diaries 1/12/2012 Our Town

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by hummingbird_206, Jan 13, 2012.

1. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    Stefan is getting kind of interesting all of the sudden. Not hating him nearly as much now!

Poor Caroline. Girl just can't seem to catch a break when it comes to love. Is she going to become one of Klaus' minions? Uck! But should be entertaining.

So what's up with the Dr chick? Wonder who staked her ex? Hopefully she's not a psycho. Ric needs to have some fun and they might make a good couple for a while.

2. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Are the writers trying to get me to stop watching this show? Klaus soft and gooey is worse than [not so] evil Klaus. Neither are believable because I'm sorry but IMO he was miscast with Joseph Morgan.

So Tyler once again gets the short end of the stick. He tries to finally fight his siring and ends up doing exactly what he was told anyhow. Well yeah, Tyler. But don't worry because it gives your 1000 year old boss a reason to go hit on your 17 year old girl you just told that you loved. Have a nice day!

The good:
    Stefan is suddenly all kinds of awesome. You're right about that one! I never hated him or him with Elena, I just thought they were a bit lackluster and I never thought much of PW acting skills in season 1. But wow, he SOLD me on that drive to the bridge. Am I the only one that was yelling "DO IT DO IT" when he was threatening to turn her? I half expected it, honestly, with the way they love to shock us.

I do wonder how Elena called Damon if her phone was tossed out the window. ;)

I'm sorry I know I'm an inexcusable Damon fan but he's been all kinds of awesome lately too. This made me happy:
    Elena: You can't kiss me again.
    Damon: I know.
    Elena: It's not right.
    Damon: Oh it's right. It's just not right now.
    I like non pushy Damon. I also liked how happy he was and having Stefan ask why. heee

Yay for Damon/Liz scenes finally. And why exactly is she calling Damon for a normal murder? It's almost like "Damon come quick! We have an actual plain ole murder, I don't know how to handle it!"

Bonnie calling out Elena on her having Jeremy compelled again was nice. I'm not exactly a Bonnie fan nor did I like her and Jeremy together but she was totally right on that one and I liked that she at least thought about telling Jeremy the truth... I mean she did kind of plant the seed in his head. I'm guessing he'll be back in a few episodes having figured out what happened.

Also as required, BIH writers for still no Elijah. My resolve and hope are weaning on him ever returning at this point. :thumbsdown:

3. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I figured gooey Klaus was all an act. I enjoyed it. He's been rather boring lately, so I think it will be fun if he and Caroline become a 'couple'.

I think Liz called Damon about the murder because the guy was staked and he's part of the council. He was also the coroner, so they'll have to find somone new to help the cover up the 'animal attacks'.

I think given Jeremy's past behavior that Elena was right not to discuss him going away. No way he would have agreed to go. And I hope he'll stay gone for a while and when they do bring him back he won't be so danged whiney.

I love Elena and Damon together. They have great chemistry.

4. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I'm crossing my fingers it was but I'm willing to bet not. Somehow he'll fall for her. Blech.

5. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I thought it was funny when Tyler was all "Suck it, dude. When it comes to Caroline, you can't make me do nothin'! You hear me? Nothin'!" Five minutes later... "Chomp!"

I thought hybrids were supposed to be something special. They get bumped off on this show like the evil henchmen in a kung fu movie.

6. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    I don't mind Caroline, but I really hoped she would tell Klaus to go screw and just die. Oh Well :)

Z

7. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    Can Klaus turn a vampire into a hybrid? I think all he's done so far is turn werewolves into hybrids. When he was giving Caroline blood, I was wondering if he'd then kill her or something. Then get Elena over to give her some blood. I know giving blood is more a turning someone into a vampire thing. Just curious if Klaus could do it.

8. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    No because you can't turn anyone into a wolf. They are born that way and just don't "enable" the transformation unless they kill someone.

9. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    Wonder if that will still apply though? Klaus was turned in to a werewolf.

10. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Well wasn't that because his mom cheated on her husband with the town's werewolf back in the day? Then when his dad turned them all into vampires he became the first werepire but the witch put a curse on him to contain the werewolf side........thus leading us to last season's sacrifice so he could unleash both sides.

11. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    How do you remember all this stuff?:eek: So yeah, that's probably it.:eek:

12. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Haha! I don't know how I remember things like that.

13. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Couldn't it be Klaus' (biological) dad (Werewolf turned vampire)?

14. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Yeah could be but for some reason I'm banking on mom aka
    original witchy.

15. jeepair

jeepair Member

Apr 21, 2004
    I agree, I think its the Mom too.

16. robojerk

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Did we ever figure out who the witch was pulling the strings on bringing the dead back to life? Wasn't the necklace (who belonged to Klaus's mom) had something to do with that?

To me Klaus's mom would need to be dead if she was the one trying to come back from the dead.

17. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    No it wasn't determined who that witch was. And just because she's in the coffin doesn't mean she's not dead. ;)

18. matt@thehickmans

matt@thehickmans Hemo_jr

Jan 8, 2008
    Since Tyler is a hybrid, why couldn't he feed Caroline his blood to cure her? Isn't that why Klaus' blood worked?

19. robojerk

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    I thought that too.

20. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Well they make it sound like only Klaus' blood will work. It's not just that he's a hybrid but maybe because he's the first? This show makes it hard to keep things straight.