The Unit 10/2/2007 (S03E02) "Pandemonium, Part 2"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dswallow, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Oct 2, 2007 #1 of 14
    dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...

Advertisements

I'm just going to pretend this entire story thread never happened. I think they did the story pretty well, at least up until the "solution." But I think it simply stands out as not belonging to the show at all.

2. Oct 2, 2007 #2 of 14
    Jolt

Jolt Disgruntled Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Corpus...
    Jonas looked like Hawk on Spencer for Hire lol.

3. Oct 3, 2007 #3 of 14
    mrpantstm

mrpantstm Well aren't you

Jan 25, 2005
    Fredericksbu...
    Agreed. The solution wasn't very final either. Just 'hey free our guy, stop torturing prisoners and be a nice guy' 'well okay'. :rolleyes:

4. Oct 3, 2007 #4 of 14
    busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    The new theme song is a big bag of suck. Interestingly, the closed captions during the opening sequence are still for the old song. :)

5. Oct 3, 2007 #5 of 14
    newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA

Advertisements

bob's family wont be too popular after this...not letting them all in on the secret will hurt credibility.

So....why would the bad man not just kill the entire unit? I didnt get that part. Or is the goal here to say they are unkillable? And now what's gonna happen with mrs. colonel now that she cant have her hubby follow her? Naughty man squeezing in sex like that.

6. Oct 3, 2007 #6 of 14
    SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!!

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    Good for him, actually. :) I was so glad to see her get her comeuppance there at the end.

I thought that Bob and whats-her-name were going to have a tough time explaining away the whole CIA cooperation bit - but, it seems not. I was surprised at how easily both of them seemed to be off the hook.

And, why did Mac not go back to his wife? I felt bad for her at the moment, and can only guess that I've forgotten some conversation, or something that she did, that has him absolutely hating her right now. What am I missing? Didn't he think of her and the family the whole time he was being interrogated? Isn't that what kept him going? Yet, he turns and walks away... :confused:

7. Oct 3, 2007 #7 of 14
    sketcher

sketcher Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Chicago Area
    She still has all that baggage in his mind from her "affair" with the peacenik-lawyer guy from last season.

8. Oct 3, 2007 #8 of 14
    dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    He's still punishing her for her dalliance with the lawyer.

9. Oct 3, 2007 #9 of 14
    speedcouch

speedcouch Geekneck

Oct 23, 2003
    North Carolina
    Uh, sleeping with the Colonel the whole first season? But honestly I can't remember if Mac somehow found out about that or it was just the "almost" affair with the civil liberties lawyer this pissed him off.

Either way, I have no sympathy for Tiffy. I mean, how can anyone feel sorry for someone with a name like that? ;) Her parents doomed her to be a bimbo when they named her.

Cheryl

10. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!!

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    Oh right! I didn't watch back then, but had heard she'd had some huge affair with the Colonel. Mac didn't seem to know that last season, or at least not that I recall. So, it must be the bit with that lawyer. Although, his time with River really should cancel that out.

11. rimler

rimler Member

Jun 29, 2002

How about the whole slicing her face up and then blaming him? She's crazy enough to do that, every fight they have she'll be screaming "wife beater!" They still go to the effort of putting the scar on the actress' face, so they don't want us to forget it.

The whole two episodes was a waste of time. Shoddy, quick fix writing. Disappointing.

12. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    i wish there was a secret vid of tif switching places with the wife so that she was publicly embarrassed and couldn't take the london position. It was wrong of her to take the fall for that accident.

13. LacyinTX

LacyinTX New Member

Apr 25, 2005
    Texas
    Most awesome line:

Snooty wife: "What about London?"
    Col. Ryan:"Can't stand the rain, baby."

*sigh*

14. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    It was pretty bad. You'd see the colonel send Mac out on back to back missions to keep him away. It was suggested that if the unit ever found out the colonel would be dead.