The Unicorn *Season 1 spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by photoshopgrl, Sep 24, 2019.

1. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I figured we could just make a season thread unless someone really wants to do weekly threads! I'm quoting from the new tv thread so I don't derail the thread over there :D
    I thought the same thing! I'm not upset about that either. Two of the best ones from that show are now in a comedy with Walton Goggins. SOLD.

Also I watched and enjoyed the first episode quite a lot. I was really happy to see Bianca Kajlich too but I'm not sure if she was a one off guest or not. Also not getting why they are all going nuts over Tracy. She's just "fine" for me. ;)

2. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    I thought this premiered Thursday? This is one I'm really looking forward to.

BTW, season thread is definitely the way to go for most sitcoms. I'm trying to start a thread for any new show I watch, like it or not.

TataBeha and Anubys like this.
  3. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    It does but CBS on demand and All Access have it up early so I went ahead and watched. :)

TataBeha, astrohip and super dave like this.
  4. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I looked to see why I should know Walton Goggins and checked his film/TVshow-ography, and I realized that there's really NO reason I should know who he is. Outside of a few movies he's been in that I've seen, I wouldn't know him at all. So, with that said, there's no reason HE would draw me into this show. But I'll record it anyway and see if I like it.

5. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Justified. He's pure magic in that show. I've liked everything he's been in though but that one is just amazing. The entire show and characters/cast.

TataBeha, uncdrew, Jonathan_S and 8 others like this.
  6. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I watched a couple of episodes of that show and didn't like it. But that's fine, This is a different type of show, we'll see if it's any good.

7. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I'll give it a shot. Fan of Walter Googins. Tomb Raider(2018), Justified, Sons of Anarchy, and The Shield. He does always seem to play a bad/questionable character. Rob Corrdry is solid too.

Plus, the show is in a time slot between two shows I already record. Not like that should matter with 10 tuners between my two TiVos, but I already watch Young Sheldon and Mom. So what the heck. Of course, a time slot between two shows I'm already recording isn't going to convince me to record Carol's Second Act, between Mom and Evil.

TataBeha and jcondon like this.
  8. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    This. A thousand times this.

uncdrew, Bierboy, sushikitten and 5 others like this.
  9. midas

midas I heard that TCF Club

Jun 1, 2000
    Montgomery,...
    His best acting was in Sons of Anarchy.

super dave likes this.
  10. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    I haven't watched The Shield or Sons of Anarchy. I've had The Shield on my "watch when I get around to it" list for a while.

11. dwatt

dwatt Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Of course. He had some amazing props to work with.

markymark_ctown likes this.
  12. dwatt

dwatt Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2007
    The Shield is really good and he is great in that one as well as Justified.

13. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Really strong start, I liked it. Good ensemble cast, love the daughters.

photoshopgrl likes this.
  14. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I liked the pilot. I really like how they are mixing in the funny moments along with serious ones. I am in.

photoshopgrl likes this.
  15. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Best new comedy after week one.

TataBeha and photoshopgrl like this.
  16. Flop

Flop Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Oklahoma
    Enjoyed it. Will stick around.

17. ScubaCat

ScubaCat Shades of Blue......

Jun 26, 2003
    N.E. GA
    I gave it a shot due to the buzz here but I did not care for it at all. Hard pass.

TataBeha and ThePennyDropped like this.
  18. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    Goggins was also on "Six" which was about Seal Team Six and the unfortunate HBO series Vice Principals with Danny McBride. Loved him on the Shield and Justified. I just watched The Unicorn earlier this evening and enjoyed it, but I'm not sure how they'll be able to keep this fresh for an entire season, not to mention multiple seasons. It seems like he's either going to milk his new status and have a new conquest every week or just not want to be seen that way and scare off any new women he meets. I'm just not sure what direction they'll be taking with this. I'll stick with it and see where it goes for now.

19. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Yeah I still have some of Six to watch. It wasn't something I was able to binge. Same with him in Season 2 of Deep State. Oh he's also right now on The Righteous Gemstones, which is great. He's honestly great at everything he does: comedy or drama!

20. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Nope. Lost interest very quickly. Generic characters and unfunny plot. NOT the vehicle for someone of Walter's caliber.

One of the first season passes cancelled.

Beryl likes this.