"The True Story Of Killing Pablo", History Channel

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by RegBarc, Dec 30, 2007.

1. RegBarc

RegBarc Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2003

Advertisements

This is a fascinating documentary based off of Mark Bowden's book (author of Black Hawk Down). I was just channel surfing today and caught the very beginning and I just couldn't change the channel or get up off the couch.

Pablo Escobar was, without question, the most ruthless and violent drug kingpin ever. He was responsible for so much death and destruction in Colombia, it just turned into a total bloodbath. The story of his rise to power, and all-out war with the Colombian government, is fascinating. Seriously recommended for the To Do list. There's also a movie coming out in 2009 about it.

2. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    I started watching at 3:30 (not repeating anytime soon it looks like :() and stopped at 4:30 but recording, so will finish sometime.

The book Killing Pablo was AWESOME! So had to go over to this when I saw it was on.

3. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Is this new or is it likely the same thing I watched a few years ago?

4. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Yeah Vinnie Chase is going to be in it!

I want to see this special. I find his to be an interesting if sometimes grotesque story. Too bad it is not re-airing any time soon.

5. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...

Advertisements

Probably - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365866/ if that's the one

6. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    2002, then it's gotta be what I watched a few years ago.

I was pretty much fascinated by the whole story. All that stuff was happening in my lifetime and I was completely oblivious to it. I couldn't have even told you if Escobar was living or dead if you had asked me before I saw this program.

7. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    I heard it tanked in Cannes, and Weingard has some major retooling to do, which is why it won't be out until 2009.