The Toy Box - Season 2 Spoilers

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DancnDude, Oct 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Anyone watch this show? I'm glad that they changed it up to include the kids playing with more toys this season instead of going through the industry experts first. I'm sure they still do the pre-qualifying to actually be on the show but at least it's not on camera.

I agree with the kids that the figures weren't toys. Looked like collectible statues that someone might sell at a sci-fi convention, not that a toy company like Mattel would sell.

2. Jeff_in_Bklyn

Jeff_in_Bklyn Member

Apr 26, 2003
    I watch, would have liked more info on the balls that are reusable from the water ball game.

3. DancnDude

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    They essentially seemed like sponges in ball shape.

4. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I don't mean any disrespect, but has it improved this year over last? Although I watched last year, it kind of ended up feeling like a Junior "Shark Tank." That's kept me away thus far.

5. DancnDude

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    It's close to last year but they got rid of the "experts" who send things into the toy box. This is now completely judged by the kids (of course I'm sure the experts determine off-camera who goes on to see the kids). I think I like this format better.

It is like Shark Tank but all games/toys. A few collectibles seem to get through which I wouldn't call toys, but overall it feels different than the sort of items you'd normally see on Shark Tank.

Mikeguy likes this.
  6. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    I like that they vary the kids this year-that gives a different vibe each week.

Mikeguy likes this.