The Sinner - My Opinion (possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by ADG, Mar 30, 2020.

1. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    I watched the first two seasons of The Sinner and was moderately entertained, but this third season was absolutely awful. IMO, no redeeming qualities whatsoever - a complete waste of talent and time. Horrible plot, ridiculous story lines (a cop allowing himself to be buried alive? Really?), and a terrible ending. Okay, end of rant.

smbaker likes this.
  2. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    You are correct. This season's plot seemed written at middle school level thinking.

But I love the creepiness feel of the show. Reminds me of a 10:00 Friday night series when i was a kid.

3. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yeah, I quit watching this season about halfway through.

And I haven't heard anything to make me regret that decision.

4. OhFiddle

OhFiddle Active Member

Dec 10, 2006
    Chicago Burbs
    I moderately liked the first season, the second was meh. This one lost me a couple of episodes into it and became a have on while doing something else show. Now I've got several backed up and will probably just delete them unwatched. I usually feel the need to finish a season just to see how it ends, but I don't even care anymore with this one.

5. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    I agree - once I start a season I generally want to see how it ends. In this case, you won't be missing anything.

6. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    I agree however I watched all the way through cuz Bill Pullman is just that good. First 2 seasons were really good I thought but this guy was murdering people with a cop up his butt!! Ridiculous. "OO my college buddy made me do it" BOO!

7. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Agree with you about the first two seasons. Also agree this one was pretty bad. It was a train wreck. So yes I finished it.

8. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    Watched all 3 seasons and wanted to like this one. Didn’t.

9. getbak

getbak Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    I watched the whole thing because it was only 8 episodes. If it had been any shorter, I likely would have dropped it early on.

10. wprager

wprager Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    If you like the "feel" of this show then you should check out Cardinal. S4 is less than a week away.

11. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    Y'all have just saved this Texan some time. I'm going to delete all 8 episodes from my DVR, unwatched.