The Simpsons - Treehouse of Horror XXII - OAD 10/30/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Marc, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jun 26, 1999
    McMurray, PA

Advertisements

Segments and what they were based on:
    The only segment that really did much for me was Ned Flanders as the serial killer. The Dexter-themed opening was wonderful.

I always look forward to the Treehouse of Horror episodes, but since they've moved away from scary stories to be homages instead, they really don't seem to be much in the way of a Halloween theme.

2. USAFSSO

USAFSSO Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Las Cruces, NM
    Liked how Aron Ralston did the 911 voice and the credits had him as Aron "I'd give my right arm to be on The Simpsons" Ralston.

3. Bob_Newhart

Bob_Newhart My Custom User Title

Jul 14, 2004
    Houston
    Hated this. I've always looked forward to these each year and now for the past few years I've always been disappointed and underwhelmed. In the past week I've watched some of the earlier ones from the first 10 seasons or so and these newer ones are terrible in comparison to those. How can the writers think these are any good?

And then the depressing follow up of Family Guy. Yeah, domestic violence is what I want my cartoons tackling. blech

4. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Spider-homer cracked me up. After he was paralyzed, and then bitten by a second spider (that was radio-active), he was still paralyzed but had super powers. That was pretty funny to me.

5. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004

Advertisements

I thought the first two were great, the Avatar one not so much.

6. DougF

DougF Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    "Dial D for Diddly" is the only one I liked. When Bart walked in and Homer say "Hey, Bart...I mean, Jesus" I laughed so hard my gut hurt.

7. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I keep getting disappointed but still keep watching.

I think Homer's was my favorite. Who else would fart to communicate!! I guess I liked the Ned storyline...until we found it was Homer. That threw it off for me.

8. pteronaut

pteronaut Killer of Threads

Dec 26, 2009
    Indiana
    Looks like someone was watching a Doctor Who special.

9. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Peter Griffin?

:D

10. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Actually, it was Aron "I'd give my right arm to be on The Simpsons" Ralstump.

11. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jun 26, 1999
    McMurray, PA
    Actually, it was: Aron "I gave my right arm to be on The Simpsons" Ralstump (as a Special Guest Voice).

:D

12. Worf

Worf Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2000
    Well, it's one of the few times the Treehouse of Horror actually shows the Sunday BEFORE Hallowe'en. I don't know what happened.

The Avatar one was OK. About the best part was when Bart got Chalmers to smack himself in the face with the arm ("You've got some smush on your cheek")..

Enjoyed the Ned Flanders one at the beginning, then it tailed off. The Diving Bell - the only reason it made me smile was all the farting.

13. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Whoever the Commissioner of Major League Baseball is nowadays decided that the World Series should end in October (and going back to the old Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday schedule wasn't feasible), so baseball ended before the last Sunday in October. (For now, anyway - I have a feeling this was just to get people used to having Opening Day in March so they can add another round to the postseason.)

14. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I liked the Dexter spoof, but thought the rest were pretty poor.

15. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Never been a fan of the Treehouse of Horror episodes. Usually only like one of the stories, tolerate one and dislike the other.

These were all mildly amusing although the best part of "In the Na'vi" was the title.

I liked D for Diddly and the opening the best.