The Simpsons - 1/8/2006

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Skittles, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Skittles

Skittles West Coast citizen!

May 25, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Wow. Half-surprised to not see a thread on this yet.

I think that may be one of the absolute worst episodes of The Simpsons, ever. Possibly worse than the Armin Tamzarian episode. Homer's father is a British lifeguard? C'mon.

I'm a long time Simpsons fan, but even I'm starting to think it's time for them to move on and either get new material or just let the show die.

The couch scene, though, was great. :)

2. Sparty99

Sparty99 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Ferndale, MI
    Totally agree. I will admit, though, that I got a kick out of the William H. Macy guest shot on the bullies' public access show. That was mildly amusing. But it's time for them to go.

3. latrobe7

latrobe7 What, me worry?

May 1, 2005
    Orange...
    Yes, awful. I felt like the "meh" smiley face the whole show. I don't think I laughed once :(

4. NoThru22

NoThru22 Smelly Pirate Hooker

May 6, 2005
    Bel Air, MD
    I thought it was enjoyable and the couch gag was just okay. I had no major beefs with this episode as long as they hit the reset button at the end.

5. mike3775

mike3775 Active Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Indiana
    It had a couple amusing parts, but otherwise a meh ep to me.

6. dr_mal

dr_mal It's CWS time

Mar 21, 2001
    Abingdon, VA
    So I saw up to the point where Grandpa admitted switching the labels on the DNA samples so that the lifeguard would appear to be Homer's father. Did I miss anything?

(stupid affiliate ALWAYS running late on Simpsons)

7. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy Purveyor of Idiocy

Nov 19, 2002
    Somewhere...
    I stand by my statement that the worst episode was "Simpsons African Safari". That was unwatchable, and should be removed from the upcoming DVD set.