The Shield "Jailbait" 1/24/2006 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Kamakzie, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI

Advertisements

This season started off really good lets see if they keep things going good! :up:

2. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Another good episode, the meeting of Kavanaugh and Vic was pretty eerie!

3. Todd

Todd Gee thanks Jeremy...

Oct 7, 1999
    Coastal...
    Yet another good episode. Great show! Kavanaugh's manerisms creep me out though...

4. crowfan

crowfan The Dude abides

Dec 27, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I *love* the scene at the end, where they meet. It was just like Aceveda said -- you look him in the eye, he lies right to your face, and he makes you doubt yourself, even when you know you're 100% right.

This is the best show on TV.

5. vikingguy

vikingguy New Member

Aug 11, 2005

Advertisements

I loved it from start to finish. The wire has made the investigations a lot more interesting for the strike team. Kavanaugh made his first slip up talking to Vics ex at the school. I also got a big laugh at the expense of dutch once again. That dude has bad luck when claudine said while you were checking faces he was checking your package I just had a big laugh. I have a feeling if vic does go down it will be because of shane choosing his family over vic when IAD closes in. This season is on pace to be the best one yet.

6. lordargent

lordargent real ultimate power

Nov 12, 2002
    Vic had a good save with Lem. Saying that it was his fault he got shot. Gives a good reason for why he feels guilt.

7. daperlman

daperlman check the rhime

Jan 25, 2002
    Southeast
    I think this was a really weak ep. Although I looked forward to the meeting b/t Vic and Kavanaugh, this IAD plot is full of gaping holes, it is apparent that season 4 was an afterthought. The Kavanaugh is pretty hard to swallow. Why pretend you have a kid when you have got no cover?

8. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    poor lem the leper. What a complex he will get standing outside in the cold...literally. Cant wait to see how Mrs. Vic deals with Mr K when he's forced to reveal who he is. A sense a kick to the groin coming. And technically maybe she can get him arrested for something by say, maybe entrapping him at her house? That would be a cool way of taking down IAD.

I did NOT have to see that much man butt in the show. The ratio should be at least 2 to one in favor of women butt :) But it was reversed in this ep. At least we got to see shane's family finally so we are sure they still exist.

Dutch not knowing his new buddy was gay was great. He finds a new best friend then can't go out with him. Ironic. It's also interesting to watch vic having to watch himself and not roughing people up like he normally does. I think there was a comment about the barn maybe being bugged and if so, I would have thought it would have been bugged for years. But then again, if it was, there would be no need for IAD now, they would have all they needed. Still a part of me wishes someone really is bugging the room. Would be one hell of a finale.

9. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    i recall vic having ronnie sweep the clubhouse for bugs a few times in prior episodes/seasons, so vic is definitely cautious and always vigilant :D

10. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    Oh man, when the dead guy's butt was onscreen my wife screamed "Ewwwwwwww!" The phone rang at that moment, so I did what I normally do in these situations.

I paused it.

Now remember, my wife hasn't watched The Shield since probably the 3rd episode of the second season, when Armadillo got his face melted. She was going to attempt the next one, but they did the "previously on..." segment and he got it melted again. Tonight, she said "I don't want to watch that show, it gets gross."

I told her she watches Nip/Tuck just fine, so she watched. I love the pause.

Greg

11. jubrand

jubrand Temporarily Stairs

May 11, 2002
    Chicago
    My wife has steadfastly hated this show and refused to even be in the same room while I watch it. Something to do with her first experience with it being when she walked in during Aceveda's assault. That kinda thing might sour your experience. :eek:

12. PeteEMT

PeteEMT NF2 Guy

Jul 24, 2003
    Unadilla, NY
    This reminded me of a book I just finished,

Panthers can usually tell when their being tracked and have a habit of turning the game around.

Seems like Vic and IAD right now.

13. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    At least they made up for that by giving Shane's butt some airtime.

:up:

14. lonwolf615

lonwolf615 New Member

May 19, 2004
    I wouldn't call it a weak episode-more a step back and see where we are type episode. It sets up the conflicts to come, fleshed out the characters positions and got us prepared. And boy, it looks like its gonna be a wild ride!
    I think since the first episode I've felt Vic would eventually have to pay for what he did. Now I'm not to sure-maybe he has already paid. Hard to decide-is he a bad man who does good things sometimes or a good man who felt he had no choice but to do bad things? The 98-2 % thing is an intriguing concept and begs the question of how we should be defined-by how we usually act, or what were capable of in extreme conditions?

15. DanaMac223

DanaMac223 Proud Army Mom

May 21, 2005
    Northern...
    :up: :up: :D

16. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    SHHHHHHHH! Don't encourage them!!!

Pretty soon they'll show us Dutch's cheeks, and pretty soon *gulp*

Claudette's!!! AUGH!!!

Greg

17. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Didn't we have that in season 2 or 3?

Great EP and I am digging Whitakers character. This is going to be fun to see the way this pans out.

It was funny to see the strike team operate when they knew they were being watched.