The Shield "Enemy of Good" 1/17/2006 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Kamakzie, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Can't wait to see what happens tonight!

2. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Another excellent episode, as usual. I wonder how it's all going to play out. Cavanaugh is actually kinda creepy.

3. vikingguy

vikingguy New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Kinda creepy? That is the understatement of the year:). I loved the episode from dani telling off julian to vic passing off doomsday to the mexican police it was all good. This is going to be an awesome chess game between vic and cavanaugh.

4. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Somehow, someway Vic is going to turn it around on Cavanaugh.

5. jwreiner

jwreiner New Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Connecticut
    I've jumped into the Shield recently, and I get the impression that a lot of people are rooting for Vic over everyone else, including Acevada and Cavanaugh. I was too, until I went back and watched the 1st season, and in particular the pilot.

I know that Vic is the show, but I find that I want him to get caught. At least, I want him to get caught eventually. I really love the acting in the series, and Vic, Acevada, and Cavanaugh are by far my favorite characters at the moment. But sometimes I feel like the writers are being too manipulative in presenting Vic as a hero. If you through extreme bravery save one life, then decide to murder someone else, they don't somehow cancel out (at least in my moral calculations).

I actually like Cavanaugh. He is presented as a smart cop who is doing what he can to put a corrupt cop-killer behind bars.

6. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    What I don't get is Vic is cold-blooded enough to kill a cop, but not Doomsday?

7. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    Most definitely.

Vic will come out on top. When he finds out he was "playing" his ex-wife, there'll be some stuff hitting some fan.

8. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Not necessarily--if this really is the final season, he could go down.

9. daperlman

daperlman check the rhime

Jan 25, 2002
    Southeast
    He is cold blooded enough but it isn't that simple. Killing the Fed had to do with a lot of other things. Like thinking he had a good opportunity to get away with it... and feeling like the choice was either kill him or bring down the strike team. They may as well have killed this guy (sending him to rot in mexican prison).

10. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Dollars to donuts Doomsday will be back.

11. goblue97

goblue97 Welcome Home, Jimmy!

May 12, 2005
    Michigan
    Also, a dead man can't tell people how "bad" Vic is and what he is capable of. I'm not sure how much the word can spread from a Mexican prison but I would guess that had something to do with how Vic handled it.

12. lambertman

lambertman Incrediburgible

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    I get the feeling I'm alone in thinking the show lost soemthing in S4. However, after the last two weeks, I think it's back to being one of the best shows on TV.

13. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    I'd have to think vic's wife would do him more harm than vic could once she finds out she's been duped. Woman scorned and all that good stuff. While I and others may root for vic, i do think a fitting ending would be him behind bars in the end. Long perp walk at 1 PP and then into jail with all the seedy characters of the past seasons. Very fitting ending. Let's see what they do.

So what's CCH pounder up to for 1.5 hours? Health stuff? Poor dutch can't handle himself alone I guess. wahhh. Love how he gave her a shot that the job could have been hers. She didn't really refute it. The capt is just about as good as the president is in 24..total waste of a title.

I had wondered why as soon as lem left the hotel, he didn't write "i'm wired' on a piece of paper so when he saw is buddies they would know right away. Seems like such the logical thing to do and avoid detection since he was out of sight in the barn.

Shane really seems to be taking a backseat to all this, guess his season is gone and he's out of the spotlight. Wife/kids etc?

14. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Anyone want to guess what Claudette is hiding? If it is cancer it will just get worse.

15. marcello696

marcello696 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    Temecula, CA
    I think the fitting end to this series is Vic finally getting busted but as a final gift ruining Aceveda in the process so that both characters go down in a ball of flames. You'd probably also see Dutch become captain of the barn in the aftermath.

16. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Whatever happened to the pix from Aceveda's cell phone?

17. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    Yeah, he's toast.

18. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town

if i recall correctly, it wasn't avevada's phone, but he got the phone from the guy, so i believe the evidence is gone.

19. lordargent

lordargent real ultimate power

Nov 12, 2002
    With the way Tina was handling that nightstick, I think Dutch might have a bondage buddy.

IIRC, didn't Julian use excessive force when he was being trained.

20. Dmon4u

Dmon4u Unresponsive User

Jul 15, 2000
    PA
    I'm still having problems with my Season Passes. First, each of the new Sc-Fi Friday shows took turns not showing up. Now, next weeks 'The Shield' was not set to record. Appartently I'm going to have one show (any show) not record during each week this Season.

When I checked my Recording History, it said that the show was no longer listed in the Program Guide data. A simple check proved that wrong.