the severe error

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by caliman, Jan 17, 2006.

1. caliman

caliman New Member

Jan 8, 2006

Advertisements

i just add one more 80gb drive to my sony tivo and everything work fine.but i want to make sure the recoder time inscrease,then unplug the power the drive B,and the screen up and down with the power,and i have to plug power back for drive B.affter that i have a BLUE SCREEN with a line: THE SEVERE ERROR HAS ...BALABALA.....YOU HAVE TO WAIT 3 HOUR TO REPAIR ITSEFL.....BALABALA....
    BUT my tivo go back to work affter 20min.SO JUST WAIT,DO NOT DO ANY THING,IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING BETTER ,PLEASE TELL ME .THANKS

2. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    Huh?

3. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    He has a Sony svr-2000 upgraded from 40G to a 250G. Looks like he has added an 80G 'B' Drive.

After the addition of the 80G 'B' drive you cannot go back to the single drive configuration. Check the drive jumpers and inspect or replace the drive cables.

With the drive(s) back in the pc check the log files verify that the swap partition is recognized in the TiVo's log files. What size did you make the swap partition? If the swap partition size is greater then 127 did you run tpip?