The second season of Evil has strings attached

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jamesbobo, May 28, 2021.

1. jamesbobo

jamesbobo with a grain of salt

Jun 18, 2000
    NJ

Advertisements

Evil returns in June for its second season. But if you want to see it you will have to subscribe to Paramount +. The greedy *%^#$!@'s.

2. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    old news.. (same for clarice)

3. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Seal Team is at least airing 6 (?) episodes on CBS this fall, then moving to Paramount+.

Whish they would do the same with Evil.

4. Jun 3, 2021 #4 of 12
    mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    I guess broadcast tv is the new screening room for which shows get streamed and which ones dont.

jasrub likes this.
  5. Jun 3, 2021 #5 of 12
    eddyj

eddyj SeƱor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida

Advertisements

Or are these borderline shows that would not have made the cut on broadcast but are getting a lease on life via streaming?

6. Jun 3, 2021 #6 of 12
    Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    I think both. Clarice might have been canceled, but Evil was renewed before this idea was conceived. Covid changed the plan.

Both shows seem a little creative for CBS, which generally applies to streaming over network.

I have no problem if CBS wants to get paid for better content as long as it is better. It's been years since they put out much of anything significantly good that i can think of in drama.

7. Jun 7, 2021 #7 of 12
    DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Exactly that. This isn't about greed. This is about content. My guess is that Evil was a bubble show that in normal times would have been canceled. But because CBS now needs additional content to flesh out their streaming offerings, they were willing to renew it but probably with a reduced budget.

8. Jun 8, 2021 #8 of 12
    andyw715

andyw715 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    I don't mind something like Evil moving to streaming...After a season, evaluate, decide to air, stream, cancel.

Now Seal Team is a bit ridiculous if you've had invested 6 seasons of watching it to have to then subscribe to continue. Business sense it makes, but as a viewer, a pain.

I really need to do some more research but one reason why I like TiVo is the season passes. I don't need to keep track of when things start.

I liked Evil but forgot about it....and probably wouldn't have thought about it until this thread.

Is there good online season pass type thing that would notify me of when streaming shows start?

9. Jun 8, 2021 #9 of 12
    Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2005
    I never looked in to it but isn't the Tivo Stream 4k suppose to have Tivo functionality but for streaming services?

10. kbrunsting

kbrunsting Active Member

Apr 12, 2002
    West Michigan
    there was another thread that talked about tracking shows, I started using the JustWatch site/app and that seems to indicate when a new season will start streaming.

I've been watching Seal team since the beginning, like the show, but not enough to sign up for paramount... once a year I might sign up for a month and knock out a few shows.... otherwise eventually these shows end up on dvd and I can either get them from Netflix dvd or maybe the library.

11. zuko3984

zuko3984 Well-Known Member

May 4, 2002
    Seal Team six was on the bubble for the last few seasons and was lucky to last as long as it did on the network. It would be canceled if it didn't move to streaming so for anyone who invested 6 seasons in it they would probably be happier to have it continue on the streaming service then for it to be canceled.

12. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Philadelphia...
    Anything that lets David Boreanaz continue his streak of continual employment (going all the way back to Buffy The Vampire Slayer) gets my support. That's gotta be some kind of record in the TV industry.