1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The screwups just keep on and on - Fargo, LivePD, Graveyard Carz

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by imagexpo, May 12, 2017.

1. imagexpo

imagexpo New Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Have long running Onepass to all these shows. Suddenly all stop recording.

Fargo shows no upcoming episodes. Worked fine until two weeks ago. Deleted Onepass and created new one. Still no recordings scheduled. Had to manualled set up.

Graveyard Cars - shows upcoming NEW episodes but none are scheduled to record. Asks me if I want to create Onepass (which I already have). Deleted Onepass and created new one- same problem. No recording scheduled.

LivePD is completely bonkers. May 19 shows "Police Patrol" in half hour segments. Did they change the name? No recordings scheduled.

2. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I just ran a connection and it looks like I was better off before it ran. Now I have tonight, instead of 'Live PD' the time period from 9pm to 3am 'A&E Network Programming'. It took a LONG time to load the data and it's more wrong. I'd rather not record a 6 hour block of time but it looks like that's what I will have to do. good grief.

I just went ahead and made a manual recording for 9pm to 12:05am.

Have to look into Fargo.

wish_bgr likes this.
  3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Something is wrong. I also noticed the really long time "Loading..." for just one day's guide extension. No data for prime time next week yet also. Time to worry yet?

4. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Yet? You new here? :D

5. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005
    The time to worry is immediately. Complain early, often, and via all available channels.

6. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I had to do a restart after a new cable card pairing. Late night is now filled in. Not "Genius", but that's ProgramID problem.

7. wish_bgr

wish_bgr Member

Jul 18, 2014
    I, too, kicked-in with a forced connection to see if the A&E Network Programming would fix itself; no dice! Was going to report it as a line up error, but... :rolleyes:

8. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    So weird. I wanted to make sure I got last night's episode of Live PD because James Casey is guesting this week. He's so funny!

I see that tonight's episode is, so far, ok. But I see that thing for next week with all those 30 minute bits called 'Live PD: Police Patrol'. Good grief.

How is it that they were pretty decent with guide data (it's not freaking rocket science) for so many years and now that Rovi has it, they don't know their butts from a bowling ball. /rhetorical

Funny thing - I was looking for 'Fargo' and realized that I decided to quit this season. I don't know - I just can't seem to get into it this season. Conversely, I loved the previous seasons. I might just be on tv show overload. :)

wish_bgr likes this.
  9. cannonz

cannonz Active Member

Oct 22, 2011
    when I got home last night tivo was still on AE from recording Live PD saw the repeat of earlier show was just AE programing (was there earlier in week) was worried my first run did not record luckily was there and properly labeled, but anyone that had set for second got screwed.

10. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I feel like I'm going to have to start a list of all the shows that need babysitting.

I have 250+ Passes on my main Tivo and it's a shame that these boneheads can't seem to do guide data anymore. Part of the point of having a Tivo was kind of a 'set it and forget it' thing (nod to Ron Popeil :D).

11. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I did a connection just now and I guess the good news is that it didn't screw up tonight's Live PD, but the bad news is that next Fri & Sat still have those odd 30 minute segments.

It says it will connect again at 3pm today. I guess this is all a week away but still - pretty tired of having to babysit shows.

12. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Tribune also shows a new half hour show for Live PD called Cop Ride or something similar.

13. cannonz

cannonz Active Member

Oct 22, 2011
    That must be what it is named Police Patrol, oddly starting with #104 ending with #101.

14. cannonz

cannonz Active Member

Oct 22, 2011
    "Live" won't be back till 6/2

wish_bgr and sharkster like this.
  15. sharkster

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Thank You for that info! I was just coming here to ask if anybody knew if it was done or what, as my schedule still shows all these 30 minute increments for those time slots (both Fri & Sat). I just assumed it was guide data problems (hard not to assume that, at this point).

16. cannonz

cannonz Active Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think they are the rewinds cut down to 1/2 hour.

17. cannonz

cannonz Active Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I wonder if break (Live PD) was planned or is related to the power failure that cancelled the 13th live broadcast. Maybe fire or something damaged equipment.

18. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    OK, had an amusing screwup the other day... Both of my Tivos recorded "Aliens in America" as a suggestion, but it was an hour long which was suspicious.. but the show description did match "Aliens in America" (2007).

However, it really was some kind of "reality" (cough) show, I think about space aliens (I only FFed through it quickly and didn't see if it actually had the same title or not).

19. cannonz

cannonz Active Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Maybe they kidnapped you and changed recording on way out.

20. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    My contribution: The Weather Channel has Live Storm Coverage at 16:00 today. TiVo has it as a repeat. TiVo has invented time travel.