The Score: Tried twice, Returned twice

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by Rickjb, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Rickjb

Rickjb New Member

Jun 9, 2020
    I really, really wanted this thing to work. The first one I got, back in May, had all the problems these threads are about: Turning on and off everything at will, unable to maintain HDMI lock, black screen, flicking video and audio, disappearing keyboard etc. I sent it back after becoming tired of waiting for a response to troubles reported.

As I continued to follow this page, I saw that some major issues were resolved; CEC, black screen and HDMI lock. I ordered another. The flicking video and audio is still present, the keyboard is still missing and apps that are less than optimum. Ive been through all the posts and there are some work arounds for these issues. Some are over my head, some involve dumbing down the audio or video, some involve becoming a code writer. I just shouldn't have to do any of that. I'm trying to wait for the next upgrade before sending this one back, too. I love my TIVO Bolt but, no matter how hard I try, I cant love this, unless there is a miracle update before my 30 days are up.

newappz likes this.
  2. rczrider

rczrider Member

May 15, 2020
    I believe tomorrow is the last day to buy it for $50 (unless they extend the deal again, which would not surprise me). I'm planning on ordering another one and giving it 30 more days. If TiVo can't deliver some solid updates by the 3rd week of July, it's going back and I'll try out the Mi TV Stick 4K (assuming it's $50-60 and not something stupid like $80+). If the Mi Stick TV 4K is $80+, I'll just wait for Google Sabrina.

3. trip1eX

trip1eX imo, afaik, feels like to me, *exceptions, ~aprox

Apr 2, 2005
    Sounds like a waste of everyone’s resources.

4. vurbano

vurbano Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Hmm.
    I have 4, some on ethernet and some getting 300 -400 mbps over wifi. All with additional storage on USB C, all with OTG cables and USB 3.0 hubs. All storage uses exFAT a big advantage over the firestick for IPTV recording. I could give a rats ass about sling or tivo stream app. For 50 bucks they were a steal as devices for bedrooms and outdoor TV. Main viewing in the Den is done with a Nvidia shield pro though.

mschnebly and Alex_7 like this.
  5. Alex_7

Alex_7 Member

Jun 24, 2020
    I’m curious what usb c hub do you have that works for you?
    I want to have external storage and working Ethernet connection all in the same hub.

6. mschnebly

mschnebly Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Mesa
    That keyboard thing really is irritating. I get around it by using the phone app but that’s not very convenient.

7. Rickjb

Rickjb New Member

Jun 9, 2020
    I went to the play store and downloaded another virtual keyboard. Works great but, I should not have had to do that. Just saying.

mschnebly likes this.