The Rookie S02E09 - "Breaking Point" - *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Agatha Mystery, Dec 3, 2019 at 9:30 AM.

1. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    That wasn't a bad episode. The dude stabbing himself in the leg with a screwdriver was a bit sketchy. Nolan needs to invest in a lockbox for his gun. While he doesn't have kids in the home, his house could be broken into quite easily.

Harper, again, has to go undercover. Just can't seem to help herself. I was surprised she went with junkie Chrystal vs clean Chrystal. The friend who got beat up is going to comment on clean Chrystal at some point, blowing her cover. She keeps doing stupid stuff. Nolan continues to save her from herself. She needs to get her act together. I did have to laugh at Nolan holding his gun sideways, pretending to be a banger. I wonder if the investigation is just going to die there.

Poor Wesley. He should see someone for that PTSD. He didn't help that boy in interview.

And West might get a new boyfriend. Dude used to be on "When Calls the Heart". He played a mountie and one of the main characters and decided to quit so that he could have greater opportunities than just the Hallmark channel. I wonder if we're going to see more of him this season.

verdugan likes this.
  2. type_g

type_g Active Member

Sep 9, 2002
    Wonder whatever happened to the nurse West was dating previous season? Did they explain that away? Also I am assuming the Crystal storyline will be back in future episodes, when they want to go after that guy again.

3. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    I thought West had a boyfriend too-what the heck?

4. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Obviously, he's a play-a.

DouglasPHill likes this.
  5. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I had to look him up because he looked familiar to me and I've never watched anything on the Hallmark Channel... he was the Navy SEAL on Last Resort, a military/sub show from a while back.

Dawghows likes this.
  6. Dawghows

Dawghows Liberal Elitist

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    Does anybody else get a weird vibe from Harold Perrineau's character? (Nick, maybe?) I really like him as an actor, and there's nothing I can put my finger on about his character to make me suspicious of him, but somehow I don't quite trust him yet. I thought it was just me, but my wife mentioned the same thing without me bringing it up. I hope he continues to be the good guy he appears to be.

stellie93, Donbadabon and Mikeguy like this.
  7. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    He comes off as super sketchy to me.

8. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Waaaaaalllltttt!

He comes off as suspicious to me too.

It was ironic that in a show where they were correcting a TV show on how things really work in the world, they still had to rip open the shirt to show the bullet-proof vest. This trope has really run its course hasn't it?

9. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    I think I read on reddit that he said that they broke up in a passing conversation. I'm guessing there just wasn't enough chemistry on screen for the two of them.

Oh yeah. He seems super sketchy to me, too.

10. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    This was a really weird episode for me. It was a giant grab bag of a ton of different mini-plots, most of which just sort of... ended... without much of a resolution. I mean, I counted 7 different plots/sub-plots:
    - previous owner of Nolan's home
    - Nolan's TO going undercover
    - Nolan's TO and her kid
    - The lawyer having PTSD
    - the kid that killed his mom
    - West and the actor looking for technical consultant (and a little somethin' on the side)
    - The actor's costar with the stalker

Some of these are inter-related (the two plotlines for Nolan's TO; the lawyer and the kid; the actor and the co-star's stalker) but that still a lot of different threads to follow.

11. Dawghows

Dawghows Liberal Elitist

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    I agree, the episode didn't have much focus. For me it was easily the least enjoyable episode of the series, so far.

12. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    Maybe its just me, but I can't imagine meeting someone and then seconds later being in lip lock with them.

13. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    It was a little longer than that. :) They'd met on the street the day before and then had been hanging out all day on the set that day.

14. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    If it was Sofia Vergara or Brad Pitt? ;) The new boyfriend is supposed to be a hunky TV actor star, after all.