The Rookie, Nov 17, 2019 Season 2, Episode 8 (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DouglasPHill, Nov 19, 2019.

1. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    I continue to love the quirkiness of this show. The actor portraying the crime scene cleaner, omg what a great acting job. I did not understand the birthday present ending, maybe something got left on the editing room floor.

2. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    The cleaner was Alan Tudyk, he co-starred with Nathan in Firefly.

I enjoyed this episode too, a lot was going on.

I thought it was too risky to not report Jackson's potential contact with an unknown substance. He wasn't doing anything wrong when it happened so why not report it? Seems she could've gotten into trouble for hiding it.

jeetkunedo likes this.
  3. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yes, Alan Tudyk is wildly underrated as an actor, and I loved his performance in this episode.

I'll admit, though, that some of his previous roles on other shows made me think that his character here would have had what they refer to in the wrestling biz as a "heel turn," that he'd suddenly reveal himself as a bad guy midway through the episode. I'm glad they didn't go there with his character here. And although it seems kind of unlikely, I kind of hope he pops up again.

4. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    His training officer explained (which was obviously meant for us) that an exposure to PCP would permanently disqualify him as a peace officer, even if involuntary. I imagine he would have gotten a medical pension out of it.

5. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    I was not a fan of the truck advertisement at the beginning of the episode.

Alan Tudyk is awesome.

I enjoyed the episode. West “stoned” was pretty funny. I liked the fact that Lopez had his back.

Chen and Bradford are turning into partners now more than they were. It’s nice to see the dynamic changing. I half expected him to blame her for distracting him with the skateboarder. I’m glad that wasn’t the case.

jcondon likes this.
  6. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Agreed. Annoying as heck. At least they dispensed with it during the cold open, which is the least important part of an episode on this show.

Agatha Mystery likes this.
  7. jcondon

jcondon Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Yeah really annoying. Both my wife and I thought it was stupid.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  8. wprager

wprager Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    I love and miss Firefly, but he'll always be Wat to me.

"It's called a Lance .... HELLOOO!"

9. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Your entrails will become your extrails.

wprager likes this.
  10. type_g

type_g Active Member

Sep 9, 2002
    I liked the opening I saw nothing wrong with it. By the way does anyone one else also feel like buying a Toyota Tundra? ;):tearsofjoy:

wprager likes this.
  11. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    It looks like a lot of work to load tile over the tailgate. And it doesn't seem to have AirPlay. And owning one seems to get a person into a surprisingly large number of gunfights. So no, based on the evidence I wouldn't want one.

weaver and DouglasPHill like this.
  12. type_g

type_g Active Member

Sep 9, 2002
    Since you put it that way I may have to reconsider it. Man I could of made a huge mistake thanks my friend.