The Real Deal "Buy George" 5/26/07 S01E06

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by boywaja, May 30, 2007.

1. boywaja

boywaja Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2001
    Northern...

Advertisements

"Richard helps George, Trademark's IT guy, buy his first house."

This episode drove me crazy. From Richard's brand of "motivation" to the users, to George's apparent cluelessness in troubleshooting, to the production crew for not actually communicating what the email problem was other than "it doesn't work"

Pretty funny that George said he was clearing the dns cache when he was looking at the terminal server management screen.

Then he blames Lori for reading her email but not deleting it. Since that comes right after he clears the cache, it seems like he's trying to blame Lori for his own mess.

2. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Haha I thought it was hysterical. As it epitomizes the kind of murder incompetant IT people have gotten away with for years. Since they know more then everyone else, they get by doing a horrible job.

Richard's motivation is a bit funny, but why does he want to make George his IT manager. Has George indicated any skills to show he might be a good manager?

Anyways, it just cracked me up. He is clearly in way over his head. There is no reason for a mail server for an organization of 40 people to be perpetually going down. Richard does not seem shy to spend money or resources to fix problems, so I think it is mostly George.

3. snowjay

snowjay 40mph couch potato

Mar 26, 2007
    Almost in...
    Yeah, as an IT person George drove me nuts. I wanted to drive down there and give Richard my resume. LOL

I'm no exchange admin, but I kept it running with no issues several years ago when we were in between admins and our office has 20x more users than Trademark.

I think since George has been there so long Richard probably feels some obligation towards him.

I actually just discovered this show last Friday and it immediately went into my season pass list and I recorded all the shows that were on over the weekend and I watched them Monday. Good stuff.

4. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    So you know, Richard and his team were actually on the A&E show Flip This House two years ago.

Then they got into it with A&E and moved to TLC. So you can probably catch more old episodes with them on A&E as well. They have different people doing the A&E show now, but they still re-run the old trademark shows all the time.

5. snowjay

snowjay 40mph couch potato

Mar 26, 2007
    Almost in...

Advertisements

Thanks! I'll have to check it out.