1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Purge - 10 episodes - September 4 @ 10/9c

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by rdrrepair, Jul 13, 2018 at 2:16 AM.

1. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Or, Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    Based on the hit movie franchise from Blumhouse Productions, The Purge revolves around a 12-hour period when all crime, including murder, is legal. Set in an altered America ruled by a totalitarian political party, the series follows several seemingly unrelated characters living in a small city. As the clock winds down, each character is forced to reckon with their past as they discover how far they will go to survive the night.

The Purge is written and executive produced by the film franchise creator James DeMonaco and led by Jason Blum. Additionally, the entire team behind the blockbuster franchise ‎are on board to executive produce: Michael Bay with Brad Fuller and Andrew Form under the Platinum Dunes banner and Sebastien K. Lemercier. Thomas Kelly serves as executive producer/showrunner of the series. Emmy® and Golden Globe® award-winner Anthony Hemingway will direct and executive produce the premiere episode.

The Purge will premiere Tuesday, September 4 at 10/9c on USA Network with the premiere and finale episodes simulcast on SYFY

2. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I have enjoyed all the movies for the popcorn horror gore that they are. I don't see how it can work on cable TV and be as intense. Will be interesting to see what they come up with.

3. jasrub

jasrub Member

May 9, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Maybe if it's a multi year show they could have each season be a new 12-hour period.

4. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Or, Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    At 10ep, for that 12hr period, it would probably have the feel of "in real time". It'll be interesting to see how they pull it off.

I was watching USA last night and caught their commercial. At first I thought it was a movie trailer for "Suicide Squad 2" as they centered on a girl in the shadows that had a Harley Quinn feel to her. Effective ad as it got me to stop fast forwarding through the commercial break

5. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Does one have to have seen the films before watching this, or is this its own entity?

6. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    I kinda like this idea, having just seen the First Purge on Monday, I REALLY enjoyed the whole setup

So being on cable and not being able to be a horror/gore as the movie version they will be forced a bit more into the story (I hope)
    It's kinda like Zombie movies, the best part generally aren't the zombies but the people dealing with the situation.

7. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    That's easy. Just have Jack Bauer be the main character. He has no problem killing off his best friends or getting shot a half dozen times and covering it with a band-aid so it would be right in his wheelhouse.