The PC's Now Playing List could not be displayed because it is unavailable

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by whiteshoes, Jan 1, 2006.

1. whiteshoes

whiteshoes New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Hello,

I have been having troubling all day trying to get tivofiles I have on my PC transferred back to my Tivo, but when I select my PC from the Now Playing List on my Tivo, no files appear. Instead the message "The PC's Now Playing List could not be displayed because it is unavailable" is shown after about a minute. I am having no problems accessing my music files and pictures that are stored on my PC through my Tivo. I was also able to transfer over another tivofile from my Tivo to my PC an view it without difficulty on my PC. However, the Tivo still could not access this newly transferred file.

I tried restarting both the PC and the Tivo. I also uninstalled the Tivo Desktop and did a full reinstall. I have Tivo Desktop 2.2 and Software Version 7.2 on my Tivo. I have confirmed my Firewall is set correctly and the correct MAC Address is being used by Tivo Desktop.

Anybody have any ideas of what might be wrong?

Thanks

2. whiteshoes

whiteshoes New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Okay, I think I solved my own problem. I looked into my firewall log and found that my tivo was trying to access port 4430, which is not one of the ports tivo says to open. I opened up this as an incoming port and all appears fixed. This may have been a change after I upgraded to 7.2, but nothing on the tivo webpage suggests that the port being access being changed.

After I knew what the fix was I was able found another thread on tivo community stating this as the fixed that I somehow missed on my earlier search of the forum.