The only day Tivo is ironic

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by turbobuick86, Feb 5, 2012.

1. turbobuick86

turbobuick86 Member

May 2, 2002
    Today, I fast forward through a boring football game to get to the commercials.

Taping the game and using the "skip" after every end-of-play whistle really moves the game along. Skip was made for football. None of the boring huddle crap. :D Of course, with a room full others, you may get ejected for unsportsman like conduct.

Hoping it's a good game too. Even though the Giants will win big.

2. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    You sometimes need the "replay" button too, particularly when the offense goes "no huddle".

And while I believe the Giants will win, I don't think either team is likely to "win big".

3. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Though I know what you mean, I'm not 100% sure I would call that ironic, since in both cases, it is "watch what you want" (one of Tivo's old advertising lines).

Though I do think it's funny, because I do the same thing. The rest of the year, I Tivo everything to AVOID commercials (with a few exceptions, like "funniest commercials" and "best super bowl commercials" specials, though I FFed through most of the latter this year since I remembered them).

4. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I got an e-mail from TiVo listing the top ten SB commercials watched on TiVo DVRs.

5. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I watched 95% of them and only 10% of the game plus the halftime show.. The TiVo makes it nice and easy to watch the SB commericals.