The Office 3/17/06 "Take Your Daughter To Work Day"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by atrac, Mar 17, 2006.

1. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles

Advertisements

The puppet's reaction to young Michael's answer to what he wants to be when he grows up might be the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. I keep rewinding it to watch it. Priceless!

2. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    The look on Pam's face when she saw how well Jim got along with one of the kids was priceless.

3. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Michael picking the username LittleKidLover for online dating... :D

4. ElVee

ElVee I have an old sumo

Feb 20, 2002
    Bethpage, NY
    Let's hope there's no Dateline tie-in in the future.

5. mdsutherland

mdsutherland Act Accordingly

Feb 24, 2004
    Madison, WI

Advertisements

I thought for sure Jim was behind that kid taking an interest in Pam's job. Just seemed like something he would do. I hope his date went well.

6. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    LOL, this show is all about the facial expressions. Great episode!

7. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    hee hee... bye bye....

8. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    great call!

9. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    In the production order, did this episode come before the one where Jim plans a trip to Austrialia?

There wasn't any of the awkward tension between Jim and Pam left over from that one.

Also, I thought that Ryan and Kelly had broken up already.

Speaking of Ryan, what's up with him being such a chick(of-color)-magnet? First Kelly, now Stanley's daughter. You go, boy! :)

10. Kablemodem

Kablemodem Get the ketchup.

May 26, 2001
    Sherman...
    Wasn't the oldest daughter - the one that helped Pam shred - a boy?

I liked the scene when Mr. Poop started to read to the kids.

11. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Yes. He's Meredith's (the old drunk redhead who likes taking her shirt off) son. She said she got special permission to bring him, and that it was a good thing too because he had just been suspended from school so now she doens't have to pay for a sitter.

12. mdsutherland

Feb 24, 2004
    Madison, WI
    Is this question confusing to anyone else?

13. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    Did anyone else recognize the story he read as a real story? Someone here at my work said it sounded familiar.

14. tem

tem Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2003
    I loved how Dwight said "grandmutter" (though he should have said "groƟmutter")

"Miss Beasly if you're nasty !" :D

15. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    Struwwelpeter is very real and a perfect example of sick and twisted German children's stories (I read him as a kid myself).

16. DRobbins

DRobbins Putting things off

Dec 23, 2001
    Yes!

When I was 3 or 4, and still sucked my thumb, they used to read a version of that story (about a tailor who'd cut off the thumbs of kids who sucked their thumbs) out loud at my nursery school. 38 years later, I still remember how every time they read that story I'd sit on one of the teacher's laps and cry and cry. There was an accompanying horrific story about kids who played with fire. I still have a vague image in my mind of the pictures from that book.

I wonder why my parents felt it necessary to send me to Miss Satan's School for Traumatizing Nice Little Kids. Other than the thumb-sucking, I really wasn't that rotten a kid...

--Debbie

17. Kablemodem

Kablemodem Get the ketchup.

May 26, 2001
    Sherman...
    No, I understood the question and it raises a good point. It was bring your daughter to work day. One of the workers brought her son. She explained that he was suspended from school and that bringing him to the office saved the cost of hiring a sitter. But no one in the office pointed out that he was a son and not a daughter. You'd think Mr. Poop would cry foul over something like that.

18. DRobbins

DRobbins Putting things off

Dec 23, 2001
    I believe she mentioned that she'd received special permission to bring her son that day.

--Debbie

19. vman41

vman41 Omega Consumer

Jun 18, 2002
    Where I work, the program was called bring a daughter to work day, the girl didn't have to be yours.

20. mdsutherland

Feb 24, 2004
    Madison, WI
    Ok I was confused by you calling him a daughter. If you would have said "daughter" I might have caught on, but it is a Friday and my brain really isn't working! Sorry for being a little slow today.