The Office - 1/13 - The Injury

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeMar, Jan 13, 2006.

1. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    wow, no thread about this yet?

Dwight was awesome all messed up!

And the reference to allofmp3 was hilarious!

2. mmilton80

mmilton80 Custom User Title

Jul 28, 2005
    Massachusetts
    I realize that it was 29 minutes but it felt wicked short. I was surprized when it came to an abrupt end. I was left wanting more. Good ep, but bad ending, imho.

3. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Yeah, i thought I got cut off for a few min too.

I forgot it was on last night and I was watching 40 year-old virgin, just got an overload of Steve Carell

4. Chandler Mike

Chandler Mike Lost

Mar 29, 2002
    Chandler, AZ
    It felt a bit different...but there were some funny parts...

Mike

5. mpar1

mpar1 New Member

Feb 13, 2005
    Oddly, I feel that the 2 episodes that have aired since the move to Thursday have been 2 of the weaker efforts. As for last night it had it's moments and I also loved Dwight's allofmp3 reference.

Another point, originally my guide showed the episode that is now airing next week as the episode that would have aired last night. That episode would have made for a more logical sequence.

6. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    I LOVED this episode.

7. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    I love Stanley's and Josh's absolute disdain for Michael...Michael requesting that Josh bring a wet towel when he fell in the bathroom was hilarious.

No mention of Pam's engagment though....what's up wit dat?

8. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Dwight was the best part of the show last night. His niceness after the concussion was hilarious.
    I thought Michael was too over the top. I prefer his character to play the "I am everyone's best friend at the office" role, and not the complete jerk.

9. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    "Don't send Dwight!"

"I'm coming Michael!"

10. AstroDad

AstroDad Like Death & Taxes

Jan 21, 2003
    Houston
    "What does this look like to you???"

"Mail Boxes Etc."

I had to pause it

11. Azlen

Azlen Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    I couldn't stop laughing at Jim with the spray battle in the mini-van.

I don't know what happened to the sequence, but this one was supposed to have aired before last week's episode.

12. Skittles

Skittles West Coast citizen!

May 25, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Me either.... between that, and the Mailboxes Etc. comment, I got my half hour's worth of laughs. Jim squirting both Michael and Dwight in the minivan was just hysterical.

'What did you write down for 'Purpose of visit' ? '
    'Bringing someone to the hospital.'

13. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    I still maintain that these episodes are being aired mostly out of order. There was a complete lack of post Booze Cruise Jim/Pam tension.
    Next week's episode The Secret on the other hand deals Jim wondering if Michael remembers their conversation about Pam on the boat.

14. jurysch

jurysch Ever-negative

May 18, 2005
    Allen, TX
    Agreed. The allofmp3 reference (it's gotta be what, like 5% of this show's viewers that get that?) was the best part of the episode. I assume it was in there to sort of poke fun at its grey-area illegality since The Office is now available on iTunes? I agree that it was kind of annoying that things are out of sequence. It'd make more sense to follow up the show about Jim's rejection with at least something between Jim and Pam.

I'm really hoping they're not running out of ideas here. Remember we've surpassed the UK Office's run now, so this is all uncharted territory now. Having Michael be an over-the-top ass isn't the way to go.

15. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Me too, but it made sense for him to be much more of a jerk this time, as he was injured and in pain. No surprise that he was one of those who get extremely cranky when sick. :)

The spray bottle scenes were great!

Loved the final scene, with Michael trying to sneak in his fot in the CAT scan machine. :D

16. Skittles

Skittles West Coast citizen!

May 25, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    That particular episode mentioned in the spoiler was scheduled to be run this week, and was listed as such in the guide data as recently as Sunday.

So, yeah, they're being run out of order.

17. getbak

getbak Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    "You can't fire me. I don't work in this van."

I know I've said this before, but I love the way they've made the camera into its own character. It's quickly becoming Pam's Lassie, like when it told her to let Angela know that Dwigt was okay.

18. lambertman

lambertman Incrediburgible

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    "would you like an aspirin? Because you seem kind of fussy."

LOVE snarky!Pam.

19. scheckeNYK

scheckeNYK New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    I always watch the Office after my girlfriend goes to sleep. Its often very hard to not wake her up with my laughter.

20. scottjf8

scottjf8 That A-hole

Nov 11, 2001
    McKinney, TX
    This show is hilarious... plain and simple.....