The Next Food Network Star name change

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by EdwPowers, Jun 11, 2011.

1. EdwPowers

EdwPowers Member TCF Club

Apr 14, 2002
    Merritt...
    In case you haven't noticed, it seems like The Next Food Network Star has changed its name to Food Network Star. The old season passes are not picing up the new name.

2. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Not one that I watch but the name changes really don't help a device like Tivo work properly.

3. natkins

natkins New Member

Oct 15, 2004
    Aloha, OR
    Thanks for the head's up. I wondered what was going on when the episodes weren't appearing in my To Do list.

4. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Thanks for the heads-up. I noticed the name change during the show last week, but my old SP picked it up so I didn't think twice about it. I guess the guide data change finally came through.

5. Grimm1

Grimm1 Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Stanton, CA
    My wife is a fan of the show and she was happy to see that Tivo recorded the first show of the new season. But was confused that no other shows were listed after the first one. This explains it...thanks for the heads up.

6. E94Allen

E94Allen New Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Lucky my wife caught it in time to record the repeat and add new season in addition to the old season pass in case "Next" come back later.

7. balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    I'm doing the same, but I don't think "Next" is coming back. It no longer appears on the title cards.

8. Loquitur

Loquitur Member

Jan 10, 2005
    New York
    Thanks so much for this info. My SP didn't record on Sunday and when I looked in the recording history, it said the show was no longer in the program guide. I checked the guide and it was there which totally confused me. But I didn't notice that it had a different name.

9. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    I figured it out the hard way. Saw the show airing and it wasn't recording... WTF? Yep. Name change. Old SP deleted, new SP added. Hopefully they are done switching the titles around.