The Nevers 1x02 "Exposure" (4/18/21)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by astrohip, Apr 19, 2021.

1. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...

Advertisements

Another good episode. I'm hooked.

So what was that blue-ish, glowing orb at the end? At first, I thought it might be the ship we saw at the end of E1, that sprinkled the magic NeverDust™. But as we got a better look, the shape didn't seem the same.

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I think it might be a mass of NeverDust™..? It's hard keeping all the factions straight, but it looks like the Mad Scientist and the Wheelchair Sister are trying to mine NeverDust™. While meanwhile the Wheelchair Sister is gathering Touched, I would guess as part of either the same plot or another plot she has apart from the Mad Scientist for which she needs the mined NeverDust™.

I think I need to start drawing Venn diagrams of who's up to what and with whom... ;)

3. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    “I’m not saying its aliens, but...”

4. Wil

Wil Unknown Member

Sep 26, 2002
    At least when this episode was over I didn't immediately think I was going to watch it again. I did watch the first one again, then this one and I felt I was pretty much keeping up. This looks to be a keeper series.

But Venn Circles might help!

5. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis

Advertisements

I think it's good that people's motivations are complicated. Not just good guys vs bad guys.

But confusing at times! Kinda like the real world. ;)

6. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Well this episode confirmed my confusion over last week. Amelia saw Madalie jump up into the box at the opera but we never saw that happen. It was speculated that she perhaps was able to change the events she saw but she straight out told the detective guy in this episode, that she cannot. Unless she was lying, which I didn't feel she was.

I am enjoying the show but I'm still confused about a lot of things and for now, I'll assume, I'm supposed to be.

I finally figured out where I've seen Lavina (in the wheelchair) before. She was Adelle on Dollhouse!

Also, am I the only one that completely missed Augustus and the bird flying thing? I feel like being an avid GOT watcher, that's not something I should have missed. Doh!

7. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    She was also Howard’s wife Olivia in “Counterpart” (STARZ). Great show, now on Amazon Prime.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    LlamaLarry and Crobinzine like this.
  8. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago

9. Shakhari

Shakhari Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2005
    The guy who never takes a bath, because he actually can't ...