The Mosquito Coast - AppleTV+

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by GoPackGo, May 3, 2021.

1. GoPackGo

GoPackGo Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    AZ

Advertisements

I really enjoyed the first episode. Justin Theroux plays the eccentric, stressed out middle aged man role so well.

I barely remember the movie and never read the book, but I’m excited to watch future episodes.

2. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I remember the movie (Harrison Ford), might give this a look before my free subscription ends in July.

3. kaszeta

kaszeta $nullstring TCF Club

Jun 11, 2004
    Grantham, NH
    Both the book (by Justin Theroux's uncle, Paul) and the Harrison Ford movie were whacked-out weird enough I feel compelled to watch this. Episode 1 was interesting enough (and a decent reframing of the older plot into modern times)

4. tivoknucklehead

tivoknucklehead Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    very interested to see why they have to flee, they offered few hints

5. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN

Advertisements

Only have watched E01 and not the movie, but, from what I've read (mixed reviews), it's nothing at all like the movie (which was totally panned by the critics and viewers according to the reviews I've read of the show).

6. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I am a major fan of the movie, haven't read the book but I have been enjoying the show so far. The first episode was mostly set up and characters but the second episode was lots of fun and angst and adventure. It had a feel of Breaking Bad in it.

"Ice is Civilization!" has been my go to phrase for years and years now....lol...well, except for "I am Spartacus!".

LlamaLarry likes this.