The Mentalist - Sun 18-Jan-08

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by bodosom, Jan 14, 2009.

1. bodosom

bodosom Just another tivotee

Apr 28, 2002
    Niagara...

Advertisements

The airing this Sunday 18-Jan-*09* follows football.

2. urwathrtz

urwathrtz Death Metal Dad

Jan 18, 2008
    Upstate, NY
    Werd, got it in my To Do. Love it. The Mentalist and Football.

3. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002
    I added an hour of padding, in case football goes to overtime. An hour may be excessive but it will be enough. Under no circumstances will CBS start the Mentalist after 10:59p.

4. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    Which could then create a 28-day rule problem. Stay on top of it......

5. barbeedoll

barbeedoll New Member

Sep 26, 2005

Advertisements

What do you mean? I was going to pad, too.

Barbeedoll

6. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    If they end up not showing it because the game runs too long, then TiVo will think it aired, and when it's rescheduled TiVo won't record it.

7. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    I think that was in reference to lew's post that CBS wouldn't start the episode later than 10:59p.

If football ran more than an hour over (which is really unlikely), then CBS just wouldn't show The Mentalist at all that night. So when they do show it your TiVo will think it's a duplicate (28 day rule) and not record it.

But you only need to worry about that if for some reason The Mentalist doesn't air Sunday night.

8. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002
    My point was there isn't any point in padding more then an hour.

9. barbeedoll

barbeedoll New Member

Sep 26, 2005
    Thanks. I get it now.

Barbeedoll

10. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Simple solution - move to California. :D

11. balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    No reason to be smug. This could easily be a problem here too, since the playoff game starts 2 1/2 hours later the usual time, and there is no local programming between it and network broadcast schedule.

12. Syzygy

Syzygy New Member

Aug 17, 2000
    Twin Cities, MN
    Well, I didn't pad, and I effectively missed it. They should've stuck with their original plan to show a rerun of The Unit ("Sacrifice"). Or else a rerun of The Mentalist, not a fresh episode.

CBS should rebroadcast The Mentalist's "Paint It Red" episode for other people who might've missed it.

13. MauriAnne

MauriAnne Mostly lurking

Sep 20, 2002
    NC
    I live in NY, but get the west coast stations, so I set it up to record from LA and padded by an hour just to be safe.

Burn in hell, CBS --- why did you start it 15 minutes EARLY in LA? You've done a bunch of dumb things with Sunday night football overruns, but this one takes the cake!

14. Rolow

Rolow Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Peoria,AZ
  15. Rolow

Rolow Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Peoria,AZ
    My guide data had and recorded Red Rum at 8pm and Paint it Red at 9pm. When I checked the episodes one started 30 minutes late and after that they aired an episode of the unit. So I ended up with one full episode of thew Mentalist in a 2hour block I'm just not sure what one it was.

16. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Only "Paint it Red" was shown on the east coast on 1/18. It starts out with a couple making out in an office building. TV.com is correct in that "Red Rum" originally aired on the 13th. That episode starts out on a shot of a crow.

Also, I'm seeing "Redwood" listed on the 20th, which is an episode from October 28.

17. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Yep, California got screwed also. My guide data did not match anything on the screen and I forgot about the Mentalist. Not my favorite show, so no big deal.

18. tlc

tlc Active Member

May 29, 2002
    Most people without a DVR wouldn't know to look for a Tuesday show on Sunday. Those with a DVR have a shot, but miss it because they can't schedule it accurately.

Soon the execs will be talking about the bad ratings for that episode and cancel the show.

19. Chester_Lampwick

Chester_Lampwick Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Hamilton,...
    Okay, surprise, surprise I only got half an episode. Anybody know where I can find the rest of it? CBS website won't work from Canada I'm sure.

20. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002

People without a DVR are more likely to have watched the CBS promotions during the week.