The Mentalist 1/6/09 episode

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by TeighVaux, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Jan 7, 2009 #1 of 28
    TeighVaux

TeighVaux New Member

May 30, 2005
    Sacramento, CA

Advertisements

Anyone catch The Mentalist last night?

Much more Simon and much less Robin on the screen! Could he possibly look any more adorable?:)

There were some gory scenes (OK I know it is just makeup) but still it makes Red John seem even more menancing.

2. Jan 7, 2009 #2 of 28
    justapixel

justapixel Domestic Extremist Staff Member

Sep 27, 2001
    The Nanny State
    I thought them letting the killer go get a burger right after he got out of prison was just stupid. No way would real cops do that until they got the information he promised them. Of course he was going to run.

By the way, this is off-topic but the outside scenes that are supposed to be Sacramento are not. :) In the interior scenes they used to have a shot out the window (photo) of the Tower Bridge but they've changed that to just be buildings.

Too bad, because I would certainly be happy to see Simon Baker in SacTown. :)

3. Jan 7, 2009 #3 of 28
    busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Some breasts and a vagina might help. :)

4. Jan 7, 2009 #4 of 28
    busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    FYP. ;)

I was actually surprised by his running, but mostly because when the SUV was stuck in the middle of the demonstration, I thought for sure that a bullet was going to come crashing through the window and into the dude's head.

5. Jan 8, 2009 #5 of 28
    TeighVaux

TeighVaux New Member

May 30, 2005
    Sacramento, CA

Advertisements

I wondered if the demonstration was not a setup by Red John because he knew the van would be going on that street anyway, burger run or not.

I know they shoot a lot of TM in Los Angeles even though it is set in Sacramento.

Busyba, please just leave Simon for the ladies:).

6. Jan 8, 2009 #6 of 28
    ruexp67

ruexp67 New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Especially since we have Van Pelt. ;)

7. Jan 8, 2009 #7 of 28
    Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    I'm waiting til Van Pelt lets her hair down.. plz CBS let it be soon..

8. Jan 8, 2009 #8 of 28
    loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    That's what I was expecting.

I wouldn't be surprised at all by that.

9. Jan 8, 2009 #9 of 28
    TeighVaux

TeighVaux New Member

May 30, 2005
    Sacramento, CA
    Yes, Van Pelt and Patrick would be a better match up than Patrick and Robin Tunney's character (can't even recall the name).

10. Just_Chris

Just_Chris New Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Is there supposed to be some sort of romantic chemistry between Patrick and Tunney's character? I haven't seen it if there is. He's pretty much not been interested in anyone cept his shrink in that one episode, possibly one other early in the year. Work place romances just don't work and I don't like seeing them on TV. I met my wife at work and we've been together now for 25 years. They just don't work!

Oh, cept for Jim and Pam. They are SUCH a great couple. (it's the exception for every rule)

11. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Tunney's character is Teresa Lisbon. And I thought she looked a lot better than usual in this episode. She twitted her boss and even smiled a few times.

Van Pelt is already spoken for. By me. :p

12. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    Glad to see this thread, saw the show recorded but I didn't know it was back so early.

For the Riches fans (like me) it is great to see Dale getting so much work. I think this is 6 shows now for him in the past few months, now if he could only get a reoccurring role as a main character that would be nice.

As far as running that was stupid of Dale (sorry don't remember his character name). He used Red John to get out of jail, of course RJ would be pissed even if he didn't spill also we knew that RJ wanted Jane to suceed so he could get to Dale. I am actually surprised that RJ does not have connection in jail to take care of Dale, maybe he just wanted the satisfaction of doing it himself.

I too was expecting something with the protesters.

13. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Tivo's R Us

May 27, 2005
    Fl.Gulf
    'The Mentalist' Scores A Football Boost From CBS

LOS ANGELES - CBS is giving a juicy post-championship game time slot to its new hit series, "The Mentalist."

An episode about murder and the theft of a multimillion-dollar painting will air 10 p.m. EST Jan. 18, following the National Football League's American Football Conference championship game. The drama series regularly airs Tuesday nights.

"The Mentalist," which stars Simon Baker as a fake psychic who turns his skills to helping California state crime fighters, has been a ratings winner for CBS since its fall debut. A show that airs after a big sports event gets additional exposure and a shot at more viewers.

A service of the Associated Press(AP)

14. TeighVaux

TeighVaux New Member

May 30, 2005
    Sacramento, CA
    Nice catch, FL Gulfer, on the episode airing on a Sunday, time approximate after football!

15. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    Ugh. I also need to check my TiVos as some shows have shifted from the Fall (TSCC, House, etc.)

16. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I'm pretty sure that Rigsby can whup you.

17. Mr. Belboz

Mr. Belboz version 1.0.3

Dec 3, 1999
    Cincinnati, OH
    Here is a theory I had on the identity of Red John. Spoilered just because. I was thinking I might be on to something which I will describe in the spoiler, but one timeline thing makes it highly unlikely.

I was thinking Red John was their boss at CBI. He "supposedly left town for a week" while they investigated. Then they had the revelation that Red John had tapped into the DOJ network when he was IM'ing them (which the head of CBI could have done since he was out of the office). Also if he was Red John he would always be able to stay a step ahead of them since he was privy to everything they were working on , etc.

At the end when Patrick got the phone call with Red John laughing, it even sounded a bit like the CBI guy.

I know the above is a stretch, and the big thing that ruined the theory for me was that the boss was back when they hit their "2 weeks later" point and then they received the call from the guy in Tijuana while their boss was back in the office with them. So he would have had to get to Tijuana ahead of them and kill the guy which seems highly unlikely.

Course shows have had bigger logic flaws then this in their story lines, so it is still possible it is him.

Thought I would throw that out there and see if anybody else thought the same thing.

18. bleen

bleen Protein from the Sea

Aug 9, 2008
    Caldwell, NJ
    Methinks Mr. Belboz definitely deserves some cowbell for those thoughts :up:

19. TeighVaux

TeighVaux New Member

May 30, 2005
    Sacramento, CA
    +1 Heck, even if that is not the case, you should be writing for the show.

20. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    You misspelled "pants".

kthxbye.