The Mentalist - 01/12/2012 - Always Bet On Red

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by busyba, Jan 14, 2012.

1. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Jane is going down a very dark path.

There also appears to be some breadcrumbs to indicate that Cho and Van Pelt aren't faring much better. Van Pelt still isn't over her finacee's betrayal ("Men lie"), and Cho's back pain (and resultant pain killer use) looks like it might lead to something.

I'm not sure why getting the FBI girl off of the Panzer case would get Red John to leave her alone. Seems to me he's got a taste for her now.

2. bacevedo

bacevedo Member

Oct 31, 2003
    Chandler, AZ
    I agree with all of the above. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

3. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Cause she is no longer connected to Jane. I wonder if Red John will allow Jane to manipulate him again or create another situation where Red John has be the one who can do the dirty work, pushing Jane's walk towards the dark-side. That'd be nasty turn.

4. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    On the other hand, Jane did manage to help the widow feel better about her late husband. Jane could have stopped that investigation in any number of ways, but he chose a way that helped someone.

5. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I think since the father of the victim now gets the credit for killing Panzer, it will just make Red John want to kill again.

6. secondclaw

secondclaw Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Florida
    Doubt it ...except for Jane and Teresa nobody else assumed it was RJ, only a copycat.

7. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I like how he just brought all the suspects into the room and went bing, bing, bing and got the right one. If only it could be so easy for all his cases.

8. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Who says it couldn't be? He's Patrick Jane!!

Maybe he just takes a full hour to solve the case normally because it amuses him.