The Menendez murders: Erik Tells all

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Enrique, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Enrique

Enrique Well-Known Member

May 15, 2006

Advertisements

So I watched all of it this week. I grew up with the narrative they were rich kids who killed their parents for the money.

Watching the documentary idk what to believe... I do believe they were abused by their father and I know if I was in their shoes how hard it would be not put a bullet into the MFs head. I don't know how I feel about them killing the mom, if they did believe José and Mary where about to kill them then I can...I can see that, I don't know. I do think with the second trial the Judge heavily tipped the scales to favor the prosecutors.

I don't think they should've have gotten life, 30 years maybe but not life.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  2. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I was around and watched this unfold live on Court TV. I believed them then, I believe them now.

I had just watched the NBC drama this past fall with Edie Falco.

THIS show, I thought was completely unnecessary and I think Erik would have been better off keeping his mouth shut. It just felt SO self serving. It was clearly influenced by the Serial podcast. I don't know what he was hoping to accomplish. I stopped after a couple of episodes.

I thought he was gay then and it strikes me as sad he still can't come to grips with that including his bizarro marriage...

EDIT: I just read a kindof online tabloid article - he's apparently hoping for a new appeal.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  3. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    started watching it, then realized I don't really care what he says, and stopped. (I did like the miniseries though.)