The Massive Marvel MCU Super Spoiler Thread!

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeekiM, Feb 22, 2021 at 6:47 PM.

1. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

Triggered by recent discussions in the Captain America: First Avenger thread, here's a thread where we can have a no-holds-barred spoiler ridden discussion on everything MCU, including movies, televisions series and rumors!

Go for it!

2. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Who is your favorite 'Avenger'?

I think mine would be Thor.

3. Philosofy

Philosofy Super Duper Member

Feb 21, 2000
    Valparaiso,...
    Before Endgame came out, I had a theory on what was going to happen. And I thought it was a pretty good one. When Doctor Strange looked at all the possibilities, he had to nudge reality in the proper direction. So his Astral form traveled in time and did a couple things. The first thing he did was to appear to Heimdel at the beginning of infinity war. He’s the one who told Heimdel to send Bruce Banner to the Sanctum Santorum. The second thing he did was to appear to the Hulk on his journey to the sanctum. He convinces the hulk not to come out. I thought this was because Hulk being around would cause a failure on the part of the Avengers, or possibly, that Hulk would be killed, and Bruce Banner was critical to the success of the plan. The third thing he would do was to appear to Nick Fury during the first Avengers movie. When Fury saw those big worms over Manhattan, he would pull out the pager to call Captain Marvel. Strange would appear to him and tell him not yet, they’ve got this one covered. This would also explain how Doctor Strange was on Shield’s list when he was just a surgeon. (This was shown in Captain America the Winter Soldier.) I know this was completely off-base, but I still like my explanation for the Hulk. The way they just left him out of Infinity War really didn’t make sense to me.

4. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Don't movie discussion threads usually go in Happy Hour rather than Now Playing?

5. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis

Advertisements

Since Agent Carter is clearly the most important element of the MCU, this is the obvious place for the thread...

;)

6. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Yeah...I wasn't sure where to put it, since there are both movies and television series...

If everyone would rather have this sitting in Happy Hour, I'll request the move... :)

7. smak

smak TV MA SLV

Feb 11, 2000
    NoHo, CA USA
    Ok, tell me why this happened.

Dr Strange knows what to do to get the Avengers to win in the end.

He gives Thanos the Time Stone.

In Wakanda, Wanda kills Vision and destroys the Mind Stone, thus ending Thanos' pursuit of all 6 infinity stones.

Thanos uses the time stone he got from Dr Strange to rewind and grab the Mind Stone from Vision, thus getting all 6 Infinity Stones.

Why did Dr Strange give Thanos the time stone?

-smak-

8. smak

smak TV MA SLV

Feb 11, 2000
    NoHo, CA USA
    She dead.

But really it's Spider-Man

-smak-

9. smak

smak TV MA SLV

Feb 11, 2000
    NoHo, CA USA
    I'm good with the rumors.

There are major rumors that Chris Evans will come back and play.....Johnny Storm. In Doctor Strange.

-smak-

hapster85, David Ortiz and Philosofy like this.
  10. Philosofy

Philosofy Super Duper Member

Feb 21, 2000
    Valparaiso,...
    Because in every possibility Strange saw, Thanos eventually gets the Time Stone. No matter what.

hapster85 likes this.
  11. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I'd agree with Spider-Man but only with the cartoon version I watched in the early to mid 70s when he was an adult who worked for J. Jonah Jameson at the Daily Bugle. Teenage Spider-Man/Peter Parker doesn't do much for me.

Thor is my favorite from the movies

12. jsmeeker

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    yeah.. He would have gotten the Time Stone anyway.. and would have killed more people to do it.

13. eddyj

eddyj Señor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    I was always an Iron Man fan. No superpowers, just intelligence and engineering at work!

hapster85 and osu1991 like this.
  14. kdmorse

kdmorse Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 29, 2001
    Germantown, MD
    Including Dr Strange, in which case he wouldn't have been there to tell Tony there's only one way out, and to signal it when it was required - and then there would have been zero ways out.

jsmeeker likes this.
  15. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    Has anyone seen the you tube video where Nick Fury shows Capt America a document and on that doc is the name Mephisto?? Pretty damn intriguing that they were planning that far ahead. It may be nothing but it may be everything, in terms of WandaVision.

16. jsmeeker

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    What movie was that in?

17. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    One thing to think about. Strange saw like 14 million possible outcomes? How many of them did he just give Thanos the time stone?

18. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    Those reports in the "WandaVision" thread about Marvel/Disney executives being extremely happy with "Eternals" remind me of the reports about Marvel/Disney executives being extremely happy with the pilot for "The New Warriors" (the TV show that was to have featured Squirrel Girl, et al.). So I guess we'll never see "Eternals"!

(I know, I know, there's a big difference between an MCU movie in 2021 and a Marvel TV pilot in 2016.)

19. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Also, New Warriors wasn't killed by Marvel/Disney...it was killed by Freeform (the network that commissioned it) when they cut back their hours of programming and no longer had room for a new show. And apparently they couldn't find anywhere else in the Disney empire where it would fit in (a half-hour superhero comedy might have been a tough sell, and it sounds like Disney might have wanted too much of a commitment).

All indications are that Disney genuinely loved the show.

Marvel's 'New Warriors' Won't Air on Freeform, Series Will Be Shopped Elsewhere (Exclusive)

20. smak

smak TV MA SLV

Feb 11, 2000
    NoHo, CA USA
    Thanos was not close to getting the Time Stone until Dr Strange gave it to him. i don't know why people are saying he would have just gotten it eventually? How?

The one around his neck was a fake, right?

-smak-