The Masked Singer- Winter-Spring 2020

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Turtleboy, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Feb 3, 2020 #1 of 46
    Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I’ve only watched some of the first ep, but wanted to start a thread.

The White Tiger is obviously:

Gronk

2. Feb 3, 2020 #2 of 46
    series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Looks like my first instinctual wild guess on the Llama for a comic with Seattle ties might be right. I saw some others on the internet are guessing him. Certainly sounds like him, too. I'd like to see some more clues to confirm.
    The natural complement to Wayne Brady... Drew Carey?

3. Feb 3, 2020 #3 of 46
    innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    The first one had to be a scheduling conflict where he couldn't stick around. His voice was so obvious and wasn't even the worst singer of the night.

skypros likes this.
  4. Feb 4, 2020 #4 of 46
    pdhenry

pdhenry Recumbent

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    Seattle?

5. Feb 4, 2020 #5 of 46
    series5orpremier

Jul 5, 2013
    It's looking definitely him. Carey loves soccer and he's a founder and part-owner of the Seattle Sounders. The record he was playing in the clue package was called The Sounds of Seattle. He was also broadcasting from station 23.3 The Wool and there were 233 episodes of The Drew Carey Show. One of Carey's jobs in the Marines was as a DJ. The Llama was wearing a camera, and Carey loves photography and was an official photographer of the U.S. Soccer Team under the alias Brooks Parkenridge.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  6. Feb 4, 2020 #6 of 46
    skypros

skypros Ex satellite dealer

May 18, 2015
    Bend, Oregon
    My vote was for the one that went..... I did not even have a back-up.
    I thought he was the worst of the night. But judging from who he was.... I agree with innocentfreek, there had to be some reason he went first...
    And I am going to guess.... that the "super bowl" season opening show went off with a WoW !!!!!!
    And that had to be great for ratings!!

7. Feb 5, 2020 #7 of 46
    series5orpremier

Jul 5, 2013
    The Llama was revealed to be:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  8. Feb 8, 2020 #8 of 46
    martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Regarding the 2/5 elimination:
    Didn't someone mention Drew Carey on the first episode? I know someone mentioned the Seattle Sounders. No one claimed that after the elimination.

9. Feb 8, 2020 #9 of 46
    series5orpremier

Jul 5, 2013
    Nobody on the judges panel mentioned him on the first episode - they were too busy trying to be funny. They noted he was playing a record called Sounds of Seattle and used that to assume the singer is from Seattle. Knowing his history with Seattle he was my initial suspect though and it turned out to be him. The vocals were heavy confirmation and the Llama suit seemed exactly how he would dress if he were a contestant. The accordion on the 2/5 performance was just another no-doubt confirmation.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  10. David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    I'm absolutely convinced Miss Monster is Mavis Staples. The voice sounds like her, some of the clues fit. She's "in the presence of royalty," or whatever it was she said in the last episode. She worked with Prince quite a few times.

markb likes this.
  11. MLR930

MLR930 Mandie

Dec 26, 2002
    Rhode Island
    I think it’s either Tina Turner or Chaka Kahn. I’m not sure who Mavis is

12. series5orpremier

Jul 5, 2013
    As long as we're guessing how about Darlene Love. As far as royalty goes, she worked with a ton of legends including Elvis and contributed backing vocals to "Monster Mash". Also in the clues there's lots of talk about love.

13. Hot4Bo

Hot4Bo Finally an Avatar! TCF Club

Apr 3, 2003
    South Florida
    I know sometimes they film multiple episodes of a show on the same day so I’m not really surprised but isn’t anybody tired of Jenny’s shirt? It makes it so obvious.

14. David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Would've been nice if the person eliminated tonight didn't spoil the elimination on their Facebook feed before it had even aired on the west coast.

15. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Sigh. Gronk stinks. Why are they passing him along. This is supposed to be a singing competition.

Odds Bodkins likes this.
  16. MLR930

MLR930 Mandie

Dec 26, 2002
    Rhode Island

I would suggest unfollowing them, I’m on the East coast and force myself to stay up and watch or I’ll wake up at random times and scroll forgetting all about it until it’s right there in my face. That’s what happened to me on the first episode of this season. It was on too late for me to stay up

17. MLR930

MLR930 Mandie

Dec 26, 2002
    Rhode Island

I see this said a lot but I disagree. The Voice & American Idol are singing competitions. This is just a competition about guessing the celebrity. Obviously they like Gronk’s enthusiasm and stage presence or they wouldn’t keep voting for him. Miss Monster’s song yesterday was just not a good fit for her especially when she was trying too hard to hide her vocal capability.

18. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    They continuously say that advancing is based on performance. The guessing is a different, unrelated aspect of the show. But even if it weren’t, he’d be gone anyway because it is so obvious. Enthusiasm? Jesus. Any kid could do what he did this week.

19. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Yeah, I was wondering about that. The first two times I thought - ok, whatever. Then, watching last night's episode today I saw it again.

I actually am very curious as to how they run this show. I'm a bottom-line type of person, so I'll watch the magic trick and then I want to know how you did it. I'd like to know about the filming, the audience, how things are kept secret, the whole ball of wax.

I thought the White Tiger would go, so I was also surprised at how it went down. The turtle is so cute I can hardly stand it. I have no idea who it is, but I get into the amazing costumes as much as anything.

All that said, I really love this show. Thursday mornings are now my favorite because I get to enjoy this silly fun, lots of music, and more fun. I laugh. I cry. It's silly as hell but it gives me 42 minutes of silly joy. :)

20. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Forgot to say - it was fun having Leah Remini on the judge panel. I just adore her.