The Marvel TV Shows Ranking

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cheesesteak, Jan 13, 2021 at 1:17 PM.

1. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...

Advertisements

An interesting concept

The Marvel Television Shows Ranking

My rankings:
    1) Daredevil (no bad seasons)
    2) Agent Carter (no bad seasons)
    3) Luke Cage (second half of season 1 was disappointing)
    4) Jessica Jones (I didn't like season 2)
    5) The Defenders
    6) The Punisher
    7) Agents of Shield (Ward wouldn't stay away)
    8) Iron Fist (the second season was pretty good)
    9) Cloak and Dagger (I think I watched the entire first season, not positive though)
    10) The Runaways (Didn't like it much at all)
    11) Hellstrom (I never watched this but it has to be better than Inhumans
    One Zillion) Inhumans (Awful, awful, awful but somehow I watched every episode)

(Edited to add Agents of Shield. I forgot.)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021 at 1:37 PM
  2. caslu

caslu Active Member

Jun 24, 2003
    What, no Agents of SHIELD love?

1) Daredevil (loved the first two seasons, just liked the third)
    2) Agents of SHIELD (had it's ups and downs, but seasons 1.5-4 were awesome)
    3) Agent Carter (good show)
    4) Jessica Jones (great first season, hated the second season villain)
    5) The Defenders (only because like Daredevil, it had the perfect Elektra)
    6) The Punisher (pretty good first season, didn't like the second)
    7) Luke Cage (good first season, did not like the second)
    8) Iron Fist (first season was pure crap, but second made up for it)
    9) Runaways (it was decent but I'm too old for these kids)
    10) Cloak and Dagger (never really grew on me)
    11) Hellstrom (not really bad but nothing special, kind of a meh)
    12) Inhumans (the marvel show we shall never speak of again)

Looking forward to the Disney+ stuff

3. Allanon

Allanon Active Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Found The Gifted and Legion better than Inhumans.

4. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Not surprising, since Gifted and Legion were both decent shows, and Inhumans was...not.

realityboy likes this.
  5. Caslu01

Caslu01 New Member

Oct 25, 2016

Advertisements

Legion, yes... The Gifted, ugh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Will people be able to rank the Disney + shows?

WandaVision starts soon

7. Pokemon_Dad

Pokemon_Dad Ruler of Unown UI

Jan 19, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    The Gifted is missing. I would drop it somewhere in the middle of the pack. (Definitely above Iron Fist. A Danny Rand who can't even look like he knows kung-fu, seriously?) Here's the trailer for The Gifted:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021 at 10:50 PM
  8. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    One difference with Gifted and Legion is that technically, they're not Marvel shows...i.e., Marvel did not make them (unlike all the others on the list)...

As for quality, I thought Gifted was decent and Legion was spectacular.

9. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Wow. Based on that trailer, I think I may have actually watched The Gifted. Apparently, it didn't make much of a memorable impression!

10. Pokemon_Dad

Jan 19, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    The Gifted kept me hooked through both seasons. Was it MCU level? Not entirely. Was a bit YA sometimes? Yes. (OK, a lot of times.) But as long as expectations were kept to network TV levels it was a good show.

Legion was insane, but in a good way ...especially with wild-eyed Aubrey Plaza involved, lol. That was a male character in the original script, by the way. She did a great job. The quality of all the acting, writing, production, etc. was high, but the show started repeating itself after a while and at some point I dropped it. I think I made it through more than one season though.

11. andyw715

andyw715 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    I got some comments in a different thread about the Marvel shows but this is a more captive audience.

Sooo.... What are the must see TV as far as MCU and the TV shows? Keep in mind I have kids watching with me....although I'll plan on watching non-kid friendly stuff if its compelling enough.

My daughters (14 and 12) and I are making our way through the MCU/TV timeline. (We just finished Phase 2).
    As part of it we've watched Agent Carter, Agents of SHIELD, Inhumans.
    My friend has a spreadsheet viewing order that we are following. Phase 3 started with the majority of SHIELD's season 3.

What shows are kid friendly and which ones are must see for them to continue on with the MCU?

Thanks

12. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    While I love, love, love comic book movies, I tend to not like comic book TV shows. Most of the shows in the OP, I have not watched. The ones I did watch, I didn't especially love. I don't think I watched all episodes of any show on the list.

13. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    You may want to avoid the Netflix Marvel series if your watching with children in order to avoid some awkward moments.

andyw715 likes this.
  14. Pokemon_Dad

Jan 19, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    I would stick with the more family-friendly TV shows for at least a couple more years. Most don't really involve much of the MCU timeline (it comes and goes on Agents of SHIELD) so it's more about what is age-appropriate. The Gifted definitely, and from the looks of them Cloak and Dagger and The Runaways are in that category too.

I'm sure they'd get a kick out of the Captain Marvel movie, especially since they already know some SHIELD folks, and it can be watched out of sequence except for one of the end credits scenes which ties into Avengers Endgame.

Definitely not the Netflix shows, not yet, but at some point Jessica Jones is going to be a hit with your girls as they get older I'm sure. Those take place after the Battle of New York in 2012's The Avengers. Oh and by the way I don't think the Deadpool movies should be watched too soon, or with Dad at all, lol.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021 at 11:45 AM
    andyw715 likes this.
  15. spartanstew

spartanstew Thanks 4 the Update

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas
    I'm surprised to see that I haven't watched any of them.

16. NYHeel

NYHeel Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2003
    The only shows I've seen on the list are Agent Carter (good) and most of SHIELD (not great). But I quit watching that with all of the time travel future stuff. I normally like time travel but I also really hate multiverses and similar type concepts. That stuff drove me crazy. I was towards the end of season 5 when I gave on SHIELD. Is it worth going back to it?

17. type_g

type_g Active Member

Sep 9, 2002
    I have read the new upcoming Marvel shows on Disney+ is supposed to be same quality as the movies. I think it was an interview with Anthony Mackie. Also said there will be zero drop off in quality. I hope he is right

18. Pokemon_Dad

Jan 19, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    They had a lot of fun making the final season, and most of us had a lot of fun watching it. For me that was well worth hanging in there.

19. andyw715

andyw715 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007

Thanks. They've really enjoyed SHIELD.
    We have watched Captain Marvel already as our watching order is chronological (even though the movie came out in 2019). I think I will 'screen' these netflix shows myself and decide.

thanks everyone!