The Mandalorian "Chapter Two" 15-Nov-19 S01E02

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by vertigo235, Nov 15, 2019.

1. vertigo235

vertigo235 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    MAN! Just over 27 mins or so of new content, I can't take this! Are the rest of the episodes going to be this short?

The force appears strong in this child, was he going to try to heal The Mandalorian?

2. EWiser

EWiser Active Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Enjoyed the episode. Enjoyed seeing the Jawa’s and watch the interaction with the Mandalorian. The baby’s force was shown in saving the Mandalorian was a good way to revel how strong the force is in the baby.

3. markb

markb Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2002
    San Diego
    This, so far, is a little too episodic for me. (The episode appeared to be entirely a side quest that could have just been left out with no effect on the overall plot.)

4. andyw715

andyw715 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Didn't Vader say "No disintegrations"? :)

5. Azlen

Azlen Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    It was the kind of episode you expect to see when they are trying to fill out a 20+ episode season. Doesn't mean that people can't enjoy it and it isn't a good episode but it's impact on the overall plot is small.

jasrub and markb like this.
  6. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yeah, I liked the first one a whole lot more. This one was too much just a series of not terribly interesting fight scenes. Weird that such a short episode could feel like it just went on and on and on...

7. jr461

jr461 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Northern NJ
    Having only seen the original Star Wars movie as a teenager with no other exposure to any other SW fare, I am watching this as a stand alone. Why? I have it for free for a year and I got into things like Star Trek and TNG and so why not check it out. The 4K looks great and the sound is good so that's a start :D

I actually like it so far and don't know that this was a filler episode relative to the overall plot, which I also don't know. I figured he was a bounty hunter traversing the galaxy, landing on different planets to find his subjects.

I get that this is a baby Yoda(?) and the main guy is likable even though we don't see a face. There's a bit of humor and some interesting characters. I don't know if the "I have spoken" guy is a SW guy or a one-off. I assume the dark robed, red eyed creatures are from the SW world and were entertaining.

I just thought a non-fan perspective would be of interest relating to the series on its own.

If they start flying around and it becomes a shoot em up in space I'll probably be out but so far I like it.

DancnDude likes this.
  8. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Not Yoda, by this time Yoda has been dead for quite a few years. This takes place about a half dozen years after the events of Return of the Jedi.

How long is a space year in a galaxy far far away?

9. GoPackGo

GoPackGo Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    AZ
    We know it’s not Baby Yoda because Yoda is dead, but until we know the name of Yoda’s species, all we really have to refer to the baby is Baby Yoda. :)

ehusen and Turtleboy like this.
  10. vertigo235

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    I think everyone knows it's not really Yota, but nobody knows what to call it because we were never informed on what Yota's race is.

11. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Do planets other than Tattooine have Jawas?

12. GoPackGo

GoPackGo Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    AZ
    one of the now non canon novels once said that Jawas could be found scavenging anywhere in the Outer Rim.

13. getbak

getbak Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    Apparently. That planet is named Arvala-7.

Turtleboy likes this.
  14. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    Complete opposite reaction. When it ended, I said WHAT??!!

Also love the illustrations during the end credits.

NJChris and LlamaLarry like this.
  15. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    I had the same reaction. It was over way too soon.

NJChris likes this.
  16. secondclaw

secondclaw Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Florida
    While it isn't original Yoda it may very well be Yoda's clone. Hence presence of a doctor / scientist at the hiring scene.

Love attention to detail and vividness of SW worlds. Don't like how short it is. This particular episode could have had a bit more ... stuff ...
    Mando's failed attack on the sand crawler was pretty awesome though.

17. GDG76

GDG76 .

Oct 2, 2000
    Given the production values, I feel like the shows are the right length. If you want 25 episode seasons they aren't going to look this good.

Also like that they are released weekly to keep myself from binging.

At this point, this is more interesting to me than anything in the two sequel movies. I am looking at this like a movie released 30 mins at a time.

Loved baby Yoda eating the frog.

18. vertigo235

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    I just wish they were 1 hour episodes.

19. markb

markb Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2002
    San Diego
    That what I want, like chapters in a novel. But that's not what it looks like to me, so far. Episode 2 was like a mini-movie that wrapped up everything that started in the episode. Not a good sign!

20. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Two things that seem apparent to me after two episodes:
    1) The Mandalorian is basically Clint Eastwood in any of his spaghetti westerns
    2) The Mandalorian must be made out of Timex because he takes a licking but keeps on ticking.

I have spoken.

dcheesi, ehusen, Steveknj and 2 others like this.