The Killing "Vengeance" 5/8/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cheesesteak, May 11, 2011.

1. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I had high hopes for this show but it's really starting to drag. I'm close to ffwding through every scene featuring the Larsen family. I know they're grieving but I don't need to grieve too. And now Granny Larsen showed up to make Mitch even more miserable.

Linden has the worst boss in the world. Even Ebeneezer Scrooge would have finally terminated her employment and sent her off to get married by now.

I'm actually liking the political scenes of the show. At least they seem to be going somewhere. Where I don't know.

I thought Linden was a good cop. Breaking into the store and the refrigerators there was something I'd expect the crackhead cop to do, not her.

2. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    I think the whole thing is very well done. We've been spoiled by 1 hour wrap-ups. In my opinion this is what good story telling, good acting, good pacing and good tv look like.

3. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    I thought this was another excellent episode....not dragging as far as I'm concerned.

4. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    I don't think it's dragging, either.

The thing I like about it is that it isn't a typical hour long procedural. While the plot is about a murder investigation, the show is more character driven. The characters are well written and well acted.

I am really enjoying it.

5. Johnny Dancing

Johnny Dancing Closet Rebel

Sep 3, 2000
    Detroit
    This was more of a table setter episode. No big explosions but lots of little things. I look forward to this show each week.

6. dwells

dwells Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Birmingham, Al
    Disagree completely with the OP- to me, this is one of the best shows on television today bar none, and the pace of the show is one of the things that makes it so great.

7. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I'm really enjoying the show too, but this episode really didn't do much for me. It will be interesting to see how the Richmond campaign is eventually tied to the murder investigation.

I'm a little confused about the slip of paper Linden got with the "106R Renton" address on it. Where did that slip of paper come from?

And I'll be interested to see what it is that the FBI was investigating and what Linden and Holder found in that walk-in.

8. Johnny Dancing

Johnny Dancing Closet Rebel

Sep 3, 2000
    Detroit
    I am pretty sure it was in the Quran.

9. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    The one Linden got from Bennet's wife? If so, why did she run outside just after talking to the Imam at the mosque? That's when she first noticed the paper, right? I assumed someone must have slipped her the paper then and she ran outside to see if she could see who it was, but that whole scene was a little unclear to me.

10. TheMerk

TheMerk Always Bid First

Feb 26, 2001
    Salt Lake...
    I thought somebody put the paper in her shoe while her back was turned.

11. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    That makes more sense. I'll have to go back and rewatch that scene when I get home tonight.

12. Ladd Morse

Ladd Morse Member

Feb 21, 2002
    yup, the message was definitely left in the shoe. Not that I saw anyone leave it, just saw Linden find it there.

13. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    Someone in the Mosque left it in her shoe - the last person they showed leaving in the background was a woman...