The Killing Season 2

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by mm2margaret, Mar 24, 2012.

1. mm2margaret

mm2margaret Meagan

Dec 7, 2010
    northern...

Advertisements

While this may have been discussed elsewhere, there was no posting here. So, just a reminder that it re-starts on 4/1, on AMC. Heads-up, folks

Was it wonderful? Well, at times, it was quite good. But, at other times, It appeared to me to be very stretched, and lacking intensity and closure. But I still watched and enjoyed most of it.

2. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Looking forward to more rain ... :cool:

3. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    I'll lurk in the episode/season threads, but have no plans to watch it. I wanted to like this show so much (pilot was awesome) that I hope they can somehow turn things around and not have it be a show where the cops are chasing their tails over many episodes.

I read that they will reveal Rosie Larsen's killer at the end of season 2 so I doubt I'll get the smart investigative/character study show I was hoping for at the beginning.

4. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I will skip it also. It was so disappointing.

5. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA

Advertisements

Changed my mind, read some decent spoilers and I will give it another shot.

6. Schmye Bubbula

Schmye Bubbula Member

Oct 14, 2004
    I'm watching The Killing now on Netflix streaming. I'm up to episode 11, and I don't understand what all the fuss was about. I'm on the edge of my seat. I'm going through withdrawal if I don't get two episodes a day. Was the let-down for the critics any more than that the culprit wasn't revealed in the cliff-hanger season finale? What is it? What disappointment am I in for?

7. jakerock

jakerock Hey ho howdy!

Dec 9, 2002
    Lee, NH
    If you're happy at episode 11 then you're probably fine (I don't remember what happened when). I personally started getting annoyed that there were so many convenient twists and turns and some of the interperson character stuff. But that was just me, others may have had other complaints (or been happy with it all).

8. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    My disappointment came when I realized the investigation was being ran like crap. The episode when at the very end (7 I think) Linden goes on a morning jog and literally runs into the big clue that gets the investigation going again was ridiculous. A simple Google search, or just asking around their own precinct would've yielded that info, instead we get the dramatic scene with linden on the boat going to where Rosie was before the murder because she's just that good, I mean lucky. On day 6 or 8 they finally get around to running the odometer on the car Rosie was found in to see how far it was driven, seemed like that should have been done in episode 2.

The cops are portrayed as morons that jumped at any red herring that was thrown their way, and instead of working on Rosie's timeline or running down the other clues. It also seems unlikely that a high profile case like this in a major city only gets two people working on it. I could see them as the leads running it, delegating tasks to others, but not taking the whole thing on their own.

I foolishly thought the premise of this show would be a smart cop show with a character study of those involved. Instead it's a mediocre cop drama that seems to lose sight of what they were investigating to begin with with way too much character study of players I don't respect or care for.

The pilot was awesome, but it was pointed out that the pilot was a scene for scene remake of the original danish version of the show and everything after the pilot was new so anyone who saw the original wouldn't know who the killer was. I think this show could have had real potential, but the creators are unable to execute it.

9. efilippi

efilippi Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il
    I stuck through the first year, right to the disappointing end, but won't be following along this time. I'm just tired of shows that have to keep going down blind alleys, doing seemingly stupid things, just to make a story last for a full year. and then, what the hell, let's draw it out for two years if we can keep the suckers watching. Few tales are so complex as to be able to pull it off, and this just isn't one of them.

10. trip1eX

trip1eX imo, afaik, feels like to me, *exceptions, ~aprox

Apr 2, 2005
    It was good but was stretched out too much in later episodes especially. The wait until next season cliffhanger was irritating.

I also grew tired of the depressed parents of the dead girl. I couldn't take the mourning after awhile.

But I will be watching.

11. mm2margaret

mm2margaret Meagan

Dec 7, 2010
    northern...
    I will say this.

I wasn't crazy about the tremendously sloooowwww pacing of this show. But there were parts that were really good, actually great, at times and then at other times, there were parts that just deathly tediously crept along.....seemingly forever. Still, I'll watch, because it was, in my view, still better than most of what's on TV, even now with all the major broadcast channels pushing out their regular shlock.

12. javabird

javabird Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Seattle
    As a Seattleite, I was disappointed to find out it mostly wasn't filmed in Seattle (although there are some great establishing shots of the area). I first thought something seemed a little "off" when I noticed the buses weren't the right ones. Then I checked online and found it was shot in Vancouver. Boo-hoo. But the rain, the gray skies, the overall "feel" is really like Seattle.

13. mm2margaret

mm2margaret Meagan

Dec 7, 2010
    northern...
    I lived and worked in the Pacific Northwest for a while (a couple of years), and the "feel" seemed pretty much right on to me.

It's not a bad show, it's just not spectacular - mostly due to the slow pacing and scenes that seem to be dragged out too long.

14. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    It is great. I get seasonally affective disorder from just watching an episode. :)

15. janry

janry New Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    I'm anxious to resume watching this show. I don't need a murder solution every 44 minutes to keep me intrigued.

16. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    One a year would be nice...

17. janry

janry New Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    I'm enjoying the journey, so to speak. It really doesn't matter to me if they ever catch the murderer.

18. CraigK

CraigK (unspecified)

Jun 9, 2006
    North of...
    I hope they were filming the last couple of days. If Vancouver was anything like Seattle they would had plenty of atmosphere.

19. Schmye Bubbula

Schmye Bubbula Member

Oct 14, 2004
    Just finished season 1 on Netflix streaming, and I loved it; very satisfied. Maybe I'm just not a sophisticated viewer, or my willful suspension of incredulity is high. People seem either to love it or hate it. Sepinwall sure hated it! In any event, inasmuch as this is an "alert" forum with emails going out, maybe we should take further comment to the main "Killing" thread.

20. trip1eX

trip1eX imo, afaik, feels like to me, *exceptions, ~aprox

Apr 2, 2005
    s2E1 hooked me. Can't wait for next week.