The Killing S2E10 "72 Hours" OAD 5/27/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tiams, May 29, 2012.

1. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    The case of the mother dead inside a locked apartment seems interesting, I hope we get more of that.

So the picture that Linden found on her frig that sent her running scared was the picture Adrien drew (from the previous case). How did it get there? Are the two cases connected in some way?

2. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    For this season, which I feel has been good, I found myself very bored with this ep. Too much Linden in the cuckoo's nest for me and not enough story progression...

3. mm2margaret

mm2margaret Meagan

Dec 7, 2010
    northern...
    I think the show's heating up. Look at the damage that being caused because of the coverup:

Linden; she's lost her beau, she's lost her son (to his Dad), she's lost her badge, and now she's lost her freedom. She's been involuntarily imprisoned in a Psych ward after discovering a key clue at the Indian Reservation.

Or Holder; flirting with drugs, he's been beaten to the point of being hospitalized, he's considered suicide, he's always been the character on the edge of self driven destruction.

All because the murder of Rosie apparently reaches to the highest levels of the existing administration of Seattle's leadership, who are busy about destroying everything that could link them to Rosie's murder: any evidence, any clues, any person that gets in their way, including Richmond, who is running against the very corrupt Mayor.

For me, the scenes with the Psychiatrist, deceitful and feigning caring (strictly my view, btw), while trying to tear down Linden's resolve, were great, because they demonstrated how a involuntary incarceration is nothing more than another despicable attempt to destroy another human being. It wouldn't for a nano-second surprise me if the Psychiatrist were working and being directed by the Mayor's staff.

4. crazywater

crazywater USS TiVo NCC-1780

Mar 7, 2001
    USA
    I think that they are setting up the season 3 story line. The reopening of the murder of the boy's mother.

5. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I thought the psychiatrist was genuine and was one moment away from a breakthrough.

I'm glad she "lost her beau" because that guy has a lot to answer for. What he did was extremely unethical at best, and feels borderline predatory. He should not still be licensed, if he is.

6. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I thought the psychiatrist was pretty typical. She's probably used to people claiming untrue things, and Linden was pretty messed up. By the way, I don't remember ever hearing her first name before, although we probably did.

I don't remember what the boyfriend did, or did you mean signing her out and then leaving? He's putting a lot of trust in Holder, and why would anyone do that? Obviously if he could dump her this easily--it's only been what, 2 weeks since their wedding was scheduled?--she's lucky she didn't marry him.

7. jdfs

jdfs Unspecial Member

Oct 21, 2002
    I think she means that the boyfriend was her former therapist.

8. TAsunder

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    It was a combination of both aspects, but definitely more focused on the fact that he became romantically involved with a patient that he was charged to care for in a mental institution. I also think signing her out under false pretenses is license-revocation-worthy.

9. minimeh

minimeh Vanity Phrase Here

Jun 20, 2011
    San Francisco
    Holder asked his boss Lt. Erik Carlson for the psychiatrist's name, which was in Linden's folder, and Carlson would have access to it. Holder wanted to get the previous psychiatrist to get Linden released on his signature.

Then when Linden's fiancee shows up to release Linden, the reveal seems to be that her fiancee is also her psychiatrist from the previous case. It seemed that Holder had no clue of the tie-in.

That opens up a whole mess of implications.

At least, that's how I took it.

10. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Except that she was in under false pretenses, so getting her out for any reason was actually the right thing to do.

I'm surprised that Holder wasn't able to get her out himself. It is his word against the Indian Reservation person whether Linden was suicidal and attacked the guard. I'd think Holder's word would be the one to take precedence, since the hospital was not on the Reservation.

11. mm2margaret

mm2margaret Meagan

Dec 7, 2010
    northern...
    Exactly! Which is why I believe the Psychiatrist was not looking to help Linden, but was really looking to do her harm in some way. In my view, there was nothing ethical about what the Psychiatrist was doing! Whether it was wrong headed, or just plain evil, I just can't believe that she had good intentions.

12. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    ok, thanks. I didn't know that he was her therapist. What a jerk.

13. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    So nobody has a theory on how and why Adrien's picture ended up on her frig? My guess is she put it there herself in some king of fugue or psychotic break.

14. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Did the psychiatrist say Linden had a photocopy of the picture on her when they brought her in? Was she talking about the last time she was admitted or this time?

15. smak

smak TV MA SLV

Feb 11, 2000
    NoHo, CA USA
    I am thinking that the solving of this murder, and the election are going to come very close in proximity to each other.

But I'm not sure which will come first.

Will the solving of the murder drastically change the outcome of the election, or will the election take place, and then we find out who murdered Rosie, and that has implications for the winner of the election?

Should be interesting.

-smak-

16. jdfs

jdfs Unspecial Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Yeah I can see the mayor winning re-election shortly followed by some implications of a cover up and jail time. A re-vote ensues and our wheelchair hero is elected.

17. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    ...nor did I...

18. TAsunder

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    My interpretation was: last time

19. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Yeah, that makes sense.

20. mm2margaret

mm2margaret Meagan

Dec 7, 2010
    northern...
    Okay, I don't get it. To me, the Psychiatrist was, either unintentionally, or intentionally, obstructing an ongoing murder investigation. Holder needed Linden and couldn't get to her. Remember: the real reason Linden was incarcerated was false. Totally false. Remember also, that Holder has some legitimate right to investigate, and that his superiors knew he was investigating. They may not have liked it, but they did not order him to stop. And they could have pulled his badge too, if they wanted to and they didn't.

My take is that the Psychiatrist was deliberately trying to break Linden. Think, people, of the questions she was asking. She was asking about the murder investigations, was she not? I don't see, for the life of me, how that relates to Linden's state of mind, in particular, if you view the questions and the details she was requesting of Linden, how that would relate to anything other than the Psychiatrist attempting to try and find out how much Linden knew and how close she was to the real cause of Rosie's murder the real killers.

It's just my opinion, mind you, and I could be wrong, but that's what I think the Psychiatrist was really after.