The Kettering Incident Full Season Spoilers

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Queue, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Sep 8, 2016 #1 of 11
    Queue

Queue UnbowdUnbentUnbrokn

Apr 6, 2009

Advertisements

I just binged this on Amazon Prime. I feel it was well done. It moved slow but I think that helped the show.

I don't feel there were any glaring plot holes, at least not anything that couldn't be explained in S2. If there is a S2, it hasn't been renewed yet.

I know I put spoilers in the heading but I'll refrain from discussing the ending yet. But I've got a theory I'm ready to discuss!

2. Sep 9, 2016 #2 of 11
    RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    What's it about?

3. Sep 9, 2016 #3 of 11
    Queue

Apr 6, 2009
    15 years earlier a girl and her friend are riding their bikes through a forest in Tasmania and one of the girls goes missing. In present day the girl that survived has moved to London and becomes a doctor. She has fugue states and during one of them she passes out and wakes back up in her home town with no knowledge of getting there.

The townspeople still think she either did it or didn't do anything to prevent it. But there's other stuff going on. There's higher than normal occurrences of cancer in the town. People's blood type is changing. And of course there's secrets in the town. And the overall mystery of "lights" that appear over the ridge and the disappearance of another girl when the woman returns.

4. Sep 9, 2016 #4 of 11
    Queue

Apr 6, 2009
    I take this back. I think there are some plot holes now that I think about it. And there's a few red herrings that I hope will be discussed in S2.

5. Sep 9, 2016 #5 of 11
    RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS

Advertisements

Ah, interesting. Thanks.

6. Sep 9, 2016 #6 of 11
    Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
    I would describe the show as a cross between of The X-Files and Twin Peaks.

7. Sep 9, 2016 #7 of 11
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    One thing you left out is that the doctor is played by Elizabeth Debicki, who made such an impression in The Night Manager.

I thought is was a very nifty, creepy show, but the ending was a major let-down. A lot of the stuff that emerged in the last couple of episodes was just left sitting there.

8. ayedee

ayedee Member

Mar 25, 2004
    South Florida
    Weird Twilight Zone like story. Saw it through but did not enjoy it. I think that there will not be another series based on the show's ending. If there is I will not be watching.

9. Queue

Apr 6, 2009
    Right, I think that's stuff that would/will be discussed in a S2. I would watch a S2 if it happens.

I'm assuming that the Anna that we saw the whole time is a clone since she doesn't have any memories before the event in the forest.

That would also explain why we saw Adam and a few other people in two different places. And the people in the church with their eyes tilted back are the clones also.

10. Hcour

Hcour Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2007
    She's definitely a clone. But I think they cheated on the memory thing, since a clone would also have all the memories of the original. I mean, wouldn't they?

I liked the series overall, especially the resolution of the murderer, that came as a real surprise, but the ending was disappointing as hell if there isn't any second season.

11. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Why would they? A clone is a genetic duplicate. Memory isn't genetic; it's an acquired characteristic.