The Handmaid's Tale S3E10 - Witness OAD 7/24/19

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dthmj, Jul 24, 2019.

1. dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    Holy muffins!

I feel like the season just got started. The last episode was hard to watch, and this one was up to a point, but then it got really good. I can't wait to see the last 3 episodes. I wish they had just skipped to this one and left out all the DC stuff, the Nick stuff (that didn't go any where) and all the Canada stuff...

I'm not sure what Serena is wanting to do, I thought the guy in Canada was just offering to get her out...

2. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    !Texas
    Bradley Whitford was fantastic in this episode. The scene where June had to convince him to go through with the “ceremony” was brutal.

cwerdna likes this.
  3. BradJW

BradJW Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Houston
    we were really worried prior to watching this episode. We thought we'd have to witness him raping June in front of everyone.

excellent episode

4. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I thought the season was 10 episodes and this was it...
    I agree great episode and glad there are 3 more.

I also am wondering what Serena is thinking?

5. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    So sweet of Aunt Lydia to defend the eye patch...

6. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    He was. But to get her and a high-level defector would be a far bigger coup.

She just wants to be with Hannah, and I think it's become increasingly clear to her that Canada is a far better place for them than Gilead.
    Seems to me she has completely misread the situation. Fred is living the dream...he's moving up in Gilead, and loving it.

7. midas

midas I heard that TCF Club

Jun 1, 2000
    Montgomery,...
    If that's the case, does Serena end up on the wall?

8. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Logically. But this season, logic and consequences don't really seem to go together...

Craigbob and Martha like this.
  9. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I didn't for a second think Serena is considering going to Canada - I think there is some nefarious plot in her head to get Nicole back. I just don't see how it would work.

Although - I will say - why she would not have reported June for slicing her arm doesn't make sense to me either.

ThePennyDropped likes this.
  10. Craigbob

Craigbob Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Land of...
    This season is so frustrating to me. It's obvious that June doesn't give a **** about anything anymore, She's so blatant about her plans and is now co-opting Lawrence into her plans (though to be fair, he is obviously less than happy with what he created and that shows too).

Everyone seems to have forgotten just how repressed and limited the handmaids were in the 1st season and of course, the book. What happened to the handmaids having those pictographs of what they were supposed to buy at the store?

11. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    I loved the ending with all the muffins.

12. BeanMeScot

BeanMeScot Sci-Fi Junkie

Apr 17, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Wow! I didn't really want to watch another episode after the last one but it seems like everything has now changed and June finally has a chance to change everything.

It does beg the question that if they are considering sending Nichole back to Gilead when both her mother and father asked to keep her in Canada, what are they going to do with 20, 30 whatever children where the mothers are handmaids and lord knows what has happened to their fathers? Many are probably dead or they are working in Gilead.