The Good Witch - Netflix - Season 1 - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DouglasPHill, Oct 13, 2020.

1. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO

Advertisements

I realize this show started in like 2015 but wife and I just started watching it. Enjoyed it very much but as a recognition of the good acting
    All season long Catherine Bell's character has been stringing along Anthony Lemke's character. It just pisses me off she couldn't just man up and tell him the kiss of death directly. In looking forward it looks like he's leaving the series after the next episode.

2. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Why did you put your comment behind a spoiler tag when you put spoilers in the title?

It's difficult to manage a friendship that you'd like to keep (as friends) when the other wants more. You hope that they get the hint without having to embarrass them by saying outright that you aren't interested. And, realistically, she was interested a bit, but just wasn't ready to move on from her late husband.

3. Dago Red

Dago Red Active Member TCF Club

Oct 22, 2002
    Parsippany, NJ
    One reminder is that Netflix doesn't have, as of yet, season 6 of Good Witch, so you may want to set up a recording of the 2019 Halloween special and all the season 6 episodes that should be re-airing starting next Friday on the Hallmark Movies Channel.

Agatha Mystery and DouglasPHill like this.
  4. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    Even though it's not necessary, I do kind of like it when the initial posts are spoiler free. Sometimes, when I see a thread on a show I've never heard of, and haven't seen talked about, I'll pop in to look at the first few posts to see if people liked it. While I know there's no guarantee that there won't be important spoilers, it's nice when I can get a feel for it without that.

DouglasPHill likes this.
  5. Agatha Mystery

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....

Advertisements

Good to know. I meant to grab them on my DVR but missed the beginning of the season.

6. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    I know you are spot on here, I am probably in the minority but I'd rather a woman tell me straight out and early, "I just want to be friends and am not interested in a romantic relationship."

7. tivoknucklehead

tivoknucklehead Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    I quit watching during season 6, but enjoyed the early seasons

8. Agatha Mystery

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    And for many, when you do that, the guy doesn't want anything to do with you any longer. She had relied upon him to help her through the death of her husband. She couldn't bear to lose that friendship.

She told him she wasn't interested and he immediately moved out of town as a result. I'm sure, if she hadn't had a burgeoning friendship with Sam next door, that she would have been even more upset over it all.

9. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Say what you will about Anthony Lemke's character in this show---to me it was just good to see him in something other than Dark Matter...

DouglasPHill likes this.
  10. Dago Red

Dago Red Active Member TCF Club

Oct 22, 2002
    Parsippany, NJ
    Looks like Hallmark is going into Christmas mode and NOT airing season 6 of Good Witch next week.
    It's a shame for those watching on Netflix, as I believe the season was only repeated once this year on cable.
    Hopefully it will show up on Netflix at some point soon.