The Good Wife: s6e09 Sticky Content (16 Nov. 2014)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Robin, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Robin

Robin Impolite arrogant woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...

Advertisements

DAMN IT, writers. Quit making Finlicia so appealing.

So Peter's back to his old tricks. Who's shocked? *crickets*

I do like that they finally confirmed it.

Menacing though Bishop might be I was never nervous for Cary. I loved his "oh yeah, sometimes I just say things". Suuuuure.

Alicia trying to redo the interview was hysterical.

Little bit of randomness: the shoebox appeared to be sealed with packing tape. There is no way packing tape would have ripped open like that.

I liked her going through the photos "yeah yeah" "whatever" "well, ****."

And then the joint interview: did she ham it up as an "f you" to Ramona?

2. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    I hate when a good show gets stupid.

I wish Cary had confidently said to Bishop "turning on you will end my career as a defense attorney & go against everything I believe while my murder points to you as having strong motive PLUS you're on tape confessing."

Seems Bishop is a stronger witness against himself than Cary can ever be IF he is murdered. What am I missing?

3. Timbeau

Timbeau Well-Known Member

May 31, 2002
    VT
    I thought it was packing tape also, but when she opened the box I thought it was a design.

So does Frank really want to run a "nice" campaign or is he just trying to play Alicia? I'm afraid that it will be Alicia, who always said she hated the "dirty" part of campaigning, will be the first to go dirty.

Was Peter seeing Ramona all along or was the scene in the limo the start of it?

4. Robin

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    I think he's been seeing her all along.

5. Timbeau

Timbeau Well-Known Member

May 31, 2002
    VT

Advertisements

When Peter kissed her I thought I saw a bit of hesitation like there is on the very first kiss.

6. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I agree. That whole thing was so contrived just to create drama and it failed. I get that Bishop is supposed to be scary, but Cary went there to talk to him, so just talk!

At the end it looked liked Kalinda's GF (what is her name?) is going to get in trouble for leaking the tape. Or they are just making it look like she's going to get in trouble when really she'll just be investigating who leaked it.

I like Finn, but I just don't see him as a romantic interest for Alicia.

I loved that Alicia and Prady's mom had on the same dress. I spotted it right away! Very funny.

And it looks like Peter isn't going to keep his pants zipped. Shocking!:D

Where was Eli? His daughter is kind of amusing, but I'd rather have Eli around.

7. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I really enjoyed the meta conversation about the word phone vs call. A little wink to the audience acknowledging the strangeness of that bit of dialog from earlier seasons.

8. Robin

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    I saw that too but I took it to be "we're supposed to be stopping!"

9. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Robin didn't mention that Robyn was mentioned in this episode and she appears to be still working at Florick/Agos/Lockhart.
    :)

I liked the bits with Cary this week.
    The addition of the scenes of him imagining being executed was a nice touch.

I'm a little surprised that Kalinda went back to Lana's place.
    Lana has always seemed a tad obsessed with Kalinda while Kalinda always seemed much more casual (bordering on using) Lana.

10. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    looking for this in the series finale. ;)
    i thought the pics were from when they lived in the gated community, and this week's kiss was peter trying to re-start the past affair. :confused:
    yeah, major eyeroll moment.

11. Robin

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    Isn't Peter still living in their old house? Or am I totally off base?

12. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas

That is how I interpreted it. Not surprised at all that he has been cheating with the mother of the girl who doesn't wear underwear.

13. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    After Peter was released from prison, he lived with Alicia and the kids for a while.

Then Alicia found out that Peter forced Kalinda to sleep with him. She then found him his own apartment.

Not sure exactly where Peter is living since becoming Governor.

14. Penny Lane

Penny Lane Hates winter

Dec 3, 2007
    Strawberry...
    I'm really enjoying the political story line but I just don't see how Alicia can win. If she wins she would have to leave her lawyer job and everyone that she works with. How would they be able to keep everyone in the picture?

15. MNoelH

MNoelH McGruber

Mar 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    I thought when Alicia was trying to buy the old house, Jacke stepped in and stuffed it up and somehow Peter ended up in it? Maybe with Jackie? Not sure. Doesn't the Governorship usually come with a house? I'd guess they don't have to live in it, but isn't it provided? Seems we should see it, but we never see the kids or Alicia visit Peter - he always comes to them.

16. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I think you are correct that Jackie bought the house and Peter lives there. If there is a Gov's 'mansion' I would expect it to be in Springfield, not Chicago. I don't understand why Peter is in Chicago so much. Isn't Springfield still the cap of IL?

17. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    Yeah, but the current (outgoing) Governor of Illinois, Pat Quinn, still lives in his Chicago home, too, for at least a significant part of the year. Quinn probably wanted to stay near his Chicago power base, but that still didn't help him in his re-election bid: he lost to Governor-elect Rauner.

18. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    In this show, they don't even bother to pretend that the Governor should be in Springfield a decent amount of time. Too bad because it would be funny if they brought up the $6000 flights ala Blagojevich.

19. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    I was just going to add a comment about the disgraced Blago. He lived in his Chicago home quite a bit, as well. That's right about the cost of all those trips to and from the capitol.

20. efilippi

efilippi Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il
    Used to be that Meigs field, right there on the lake front, was the perfect way to work in Chicago in the morning, take a 10 minute cab to Meigs, and be in Springfield in an hour.

Then Daley decided that enough was enough! Bulldozers at night. Only in Chicago.