The Good Wife - OAD 3/22/11 *SPOILERS *

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Gerryex, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Gerryex

Gerryex Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...

Advertisements

Hi ALL,

This is a GREAT show!!!! But I just want to make sure I got all the particulars of the reveals at the end.

1. Kalinda had her name changed with some help from Peter Floric.
    2. In exchange for the above, Klinda slept with Peter.
    3. Did Kalinda say why she needed to get her name changed? If so I didn't catch it.
    4. Was any reason given why Blake was trying to set up Kalinda for beating up that guy.
    5. Does Will have a deep dark secret that Blake is holding over him. If so do we know what it is?

Anyone please feel free to answer these questions and/or comment!

Gerry

2. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    At least that's how I recall it :)

3. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    This is one great show. Best one on network TV. Always a twist.

4. Gerryex

Gerryex Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    Hi Allan,

Thanks a bunch! That's how I thought it went but several things were revealed rather quickly at the end and I just wanted to make sure I had them right.

It didn't say so but I'll bet next week is the season finale!

Thanks again,
    Gerry

5. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA

Advertisements

You're welcome.

6. Dawghows

Dawghows Liberal Elitist

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    Well, to be precise, Blake said she slept with Peter. Kalinda didn't confirm or deny. The expression on her face tells us that she was considerably upset by the accusation, but this is Kalinda we're talking about. We don't know for sure what she was thinking.

7. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    My count there is at least 5 more episodes depending if this got a 22 episode order ( this weeks was episode 17 of season)

I love this show. Every subplot, the cases, the family, the election it's all good. Usually I could do without one of them. Eli is my favorite.

8. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    The only thing I dislike about the family is that the daughter didn't seem like such an impressionable idiot in season 1, now if you told her the the Sun orbits the earth and not the other way around I think she'd believe you. Besides that all is well and good with this series. :D:D:D

9. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    I agree that the kids are the weak point. Every plot with them seems horribly contrived. For the last two years the son liked cute blonds, suddenly when it suits the plot he has a black girlfriend. And a suspicious one at that. And the daughter is way too nosy about everything. Way more than a kid that age would be. All of it rings really phony.

10. logic88

logic88 Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Land Of...
    This week's EW Good Wife article which has quotes from Panjabi and the Kings seem to imply that Blake's insinuation is true.

11. Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
    Someone correct me but didn't Kalinda use a baseball bat to smash the windows out of Blake's car/SUV and not to long after Blake set her up with the beating of the Dr.? I assumed that Blake did that as payback for his trashed car and also, Kalinda was digging into Blake's shady past. Blake even stole Kalinda's bat and used it to beat up the Dr. Blake later returned the bat to Kalinda and she whacked him in his ribs. I thought the set up was payback for the trashed car and to force Kalinda to stop digging into Blake's past.

12. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Just the opposite. As I recall, the first time they met (outside an apartment Kalinda had just searched) Blake did not tell Kalinda who he was but did call her by her real name. Clearly he had already started digging into her background.

13. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I seem to recall that when Blake beat up that guy, that he spoke to Will on the phone and Will said something like, "You do what you have to do, but I don't know anything about it". So Will essentially knew what Blake was going to do, and thus could be held complicit.

About this show, I like it, best law show since LA Law in my opinion, but something bug me:

1) I don't know about Chicago politics, but is running for States Attorney that big a deal? I am pretty familiar with NYC politics and I don't remember TV ads or televised debates and huge campaign teams and the obvious amount of money they are spending for a position that is usually pretty low profile. If feels more like a race for Mayor than it does for something like that. The only thing I'm thinking is it's high profile because of Peter's past.

2) They REALLY need to hide that they are filming in NYC better. I've seen, fairly often, scenes of the NYC subway (which to a trained eye, looks nothing like Chicago's EL), NY license plates on the car and NYC street signs.

3) The kids are annoying and have too much free rain. I'd be cutting off their internet access by now :)

14. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    I only watch the show in the background, but that is not my recollection.

Kalinda needed to get into the apartment. As she was trying to get in Blake came out. Blake passed himself off as the super/building manager. Kalinda introduced herself as Leela, posing as a friend of the woman that lived there in order to get Blake to let her in.

That is why he always called her Leela rather than Kalinda. It was just a dig at first, but obviously became much more than that.

15. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    You're probably right.

16. megory

megory Advanced TiVoOligan

Jan 22, 2003
    Spectrum,...
    This show gets better and better. I really like it!