The Good Wife "Marthas and Catilins" 10/23/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Neenahboy, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Not even the return of the fantastic Dylan Baker as Colin Sweeney could make this episode palatable. They had to end it with the neo-Nazi giving a robotic "Yeah, it was me, here's how I did it" confession that totally took the viewer out of the moment.

The Grace tutor subplot has to be leading to something, right? Right?

It's very rare to see such a pronounced drop in quality between seasons. Eli's at his best running a campaign, Kalinda and Alicia are best as friends, Grace needs to cut the misunderstood teen act, the writers can keep Will and Alicia together but they need to stop dodging the subject and making it awkward, and Lisa Edelstein needs to go away. Far away.

2. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I agree with everything you say. I'm really hating the show right now. I keep watching because I used to love it, but right now, it sucks.

3. Dawghows

Dawghows Liberal Elitist

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    Agreed on all points. Very disappointing so far this season.

4. Magnolia88

Magnolia88 She likes cheese.

Jun 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I really love this show.

But I am not loving the Lisa Edelstein character (not her fault, she's a good actress), and I HATE everything about the stupid tutor storyline. :thumbsdown:

5. donnoh

donnoh Member

Mar 7, 2008
    I have always been disgusted by women that wear earrings stapled in their upper ears like Lisa Edelstien is wearing on this show. I'm sorry it's just gross. Get her off the show or get rid of the ear jewelry.

6. Magnolia88

Magnolia88 She likes cheese.

Jun 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    It's supposed to show that she's all EDGY!! She's super edgy, doncha see, unlike boring old uptight vanilla Alicia. :rolleyes:

Gag me. They need to get rid of her quick.

7. TheMerk

TheMerk Always Bid First

Feb 26, 2001
    Salt Lake...
    Two episodes in a row without Wire alums. :mad:

8. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    If I'm not mistaken, her character was originally supposed to be a 3 or 4 show arc with the possibility of something more if it worked out.

9. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    ...do you think she was the Martha to Alicia's Caitlin lo these many moons ago? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

..and I wonder if Kalinda thinks that by not helping Peter she is winning favor with Alicia? I don't know. I agree with what others have said...they had better be going someplace...someplace really good with all this....or else! :mad: (or else, I will still watch, but I will complain....!! ;) )

10. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    I thought the episode was better than others here. The prison scene was gag stupid (isn't he going to get offed once freed from prison), but mostly I liked it. Still the best network drama on television even with the complaints.