The Good Wife - April 12th 2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Family, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    This is one of the best shows on television. Crazy that it receives such bad ratings. Hope it is renewed.

This episode was like a season finale. Plenty going on. The thing with Chavez was nuts, but entertaining. "It's like I'm watching a Woody Allen movie." Haha, but there's an idea of the demographics for the show. What's the bit with no Peter on screen? They handled it well, but seemed strange. I've grown fond of all the characters.

Good episode.... good show.

2. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    I didn't realize it had bad ratings. It's one of my favorite shows, though I haven't watched this latest episode as yet. If it's not renewed, I'll be sad.

3. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    We just figured the actor wasn't available at the time of shooting.

Maybe he was on the set of "Sex And The City #7 - Carrie Gets A New Saddle"?

4. aforkosh

aforkosh Member

Apr 20, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    He's actually appearing in the Broadway revival of "That Championship Season".

5. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    Great show as always. I never know where it's going. Not happy with the Kalinda twist.

The rating are a problem mostly since it's opposite Parenthood which gets great ratings. I watch both(thanks tivo) but my guess is that most don't.

I'll miss both Juliana and Archie. As a newcomer, Archie is both a great actress (emmy) and tasty to look at. Juliana always was.

6. efilippi

efilippi Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il
    I love this show too, one of the few we always watch when it airs, usually starting 20 minutes in or so. Mr. Gold is one of my favorite characters on television right now, loved his interaction with the America Ferrara character.

And those side shots of Julianna Margulies in those sky-high heels, ...

7. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    Forgot America. Been enjoying her too. I see why Eli had a thing for her.

8. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    America looks pretty good without the braces.

9. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Tivo's R Us

May 27, 2005
    Fl.Gulf
    We think its a great show at our house I hope it's not cancelled.

10. efilippi

efilippi Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il
    WSJ has a story about troubles at Parenthood today and mentions that it is in the same time slot as The Good Wife and reaches less than half their audience. I'm not sure where one finds this kind of data but they seem to be saying the exact opposite as you.

Parenthood has apparently shot it's last episode in such a way that they will be able to come back, should NBC renew for another season. Off topic for this thread, but i never realized that the part played by Lauren Graham was supposed to have been Maura Tierney's but she got her cancer diagnosis about when filming was to begin.