The Good Wife 10/9/11 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Neenahboy, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I really hope this show isn't starting to go off the deep end. From Eli's hackneyed and unrealistic portrayal of crisis management, to the weird subplot involving Grace and the tutor (where's the payoff there?), to the creepy foreign boyfriend of Alicia's brother and the brother in general, there was very little about this episode that was engaging or even made sense.

Very interesting revelation at the end with Alicia doubting her relationship, but still a disappointing week.

2. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    You forgot to mention that weird scene between Cary and Kalinda in his office.

We never did find out who the leak was to the press...

I actually mostly just prefer the legal case of the week on this show - all the inter-back-stories have never been the highlight for me.

Not to mention - with CBS delaying the schedule EVERY week by 20 to 25 minutes since the fall premiere -
    Emmy or not - I think this show is doomed.

3. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I hate that Alicia and Kalinda are no longer friends. And I pretty much hate everything they've done with the characters since Alicia found out about Kalinda and Peter. It was before they were friends and Peter is a jerk. This show is about to go to the bottom of my to be watched list. I'll keep recording it, but it won't be a must watch every week.

4. jrrob8

jrrob8 Tivo Fanatic

Aug 30, 2002
    Roanoke, Va
    been a loyal watcher since the beginning and have pretty much liked every show. they haven't had any likeable shows this season. I miss the Kalinda friendship but the shows are so scattered I lose interest early in the show. Maybe it is just me, but as it is now I am not caring much about this year.

5. Neenahboy

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    And that's probably the core issue: a new day is the worst thing CBS could've done for this show. It's never belonged with all the procedurals and crappy serials that define Sunday. It's always been a Monday/Tuesday at 10pm show, and it certainly doesn't deserve the NFL delay treatment. :(

6. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Not enjoying the show as much this season either. And REALLY don't like it on Sunday nights (delayed by football every week).

7. RandomTask

RandomTask New Member

Jun 30, 2011
    It makes no sense either. Archie wins an emmy for playing Kalinda and they de-emphasize her role. Additionally, it was long before she and Alicia were friends. I don't think she would really hold her responsible.

8. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    You don't think Alicia would hold her responsible?!? It's not only the sleeping-with-a-married-man thing---it's also the getting-to-be-my-friend-but-not-telling-me thing. That's what's unforgivable IMO.

9. RandomTask

RandomTask New Member

Jun 30, 2011
    And alicia is a saint? She has been working for her ex, having flirtations with him and is now sleeping with him while acting like nothing is going on? Two wrongs...

10. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I never claimed that Alicia was a saint. All I'm saying is that it's perfectly understandable for her to not forgive her ex-friend...

11. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    I'm finding the show hard to watch this season. Not crazy about their adding Lisa Edelstein, either.

12. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I'm guessing one of the other main actresses got her panties in a bunch over Archie winning the emmy and insisted she not get such a juicy role this year....and if I had to place a bet, my money would be on Christine Baranski. Cybill Shepard wrote about such shenanigans in her autobiography. Which isn't proof that it happened, but sometimes gossip isn't so far from the truth.:p

Please tell me Lisa isn't joining the show. I like her, but her character was awful.

13. RandomTask

RandomTask New Member

Jun 30, 2011
    She doesn't need to talk. She can just stand there. I've liked her since she was a call girl.

14. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    Actually - the best thing about last night's episode was the hope that Lisa Edelstein will join the show.

Now I can stop watching House. LOVE her.

15. Neenahboy

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    It's a multi-episode arc.

I'm fine with Edelstein...I just hope she gets better material.

16. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I think it was Peter. Or Peter got someone to do it.

17. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    OK, finally got to this episode and I echo everyone's sentiments. Is it just me or are they trying to cram too many storylines into this? I absolutely HATED what they did with Eli. While, he's always been ruthless, I never saw him as an obnoxious screamer. If I were the "cheeseheads" I would have fired his butt pretty quickly. My guess is that eventually he'll butt heads one too many times with the partners and leave. Maybe Peter decides to run for governor and that's how they have him go. I didn't like the Kalinda/Cary dynmaic they were trying to portray, because I never felt there was a spark there. Cary uses people, and now he's not helping Kalinda because she didn't sleep with him? I don't buy it.

And I'm not sure what they've done to Julianne, but the new hairstyle make her look old. I go back and forth on her as being attractive to me or not. She's definitely leaning toward the NOT these days.

I'm still watching. The wife likes it, but it's not a go to show any longer.