The Good Fight - Season 4 **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Gerryex, May 29, 2020.

1. Gerryex

Gerryex Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    I'm really enjoying this show and just finished season 4. I liked very much the plot about memo 618 but the stuff about Epstein wasn't that great. And what BUD turned out to be was plain silly! They may be great lawyers but they sure did not go over the contract very well that merged them with the other firm. They should have known the conditions that would increase the buy back amount.

One thing bothers me. At the end of season 3 Diane and hubby are in bed saying how nice things are. Then a heavily armed squad of police invaide their home with weapons drawn. Then fade to black. The opening of season 4 Diane is returning from months off due to the trauma of that incident. BUT they never explained why that armed incident happened. Have I missed something? Do we know why it happened?

Gerry

2. Allanon

Allanon Active Member

Nov 2, 2005
    At the end of season 3 Diane’s Book Club swatted her because she left.

3. Gerryex

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    Yes, I remember that but how could the club arrange for that SWAT type of attack. At the end of the first episode of season 4 when Diane wakes up after being passed out (and having a fantasy dream where Hilary was Pres) one of the SWAT guys is asking her if she was OK? If that was a real SWAT intervention they would be off to jail.

So that whole plot with the SWAT guys and just waking up and nothing coming out of it still does not make any sense to me. Still ENJOY the show but that part of it still bugs me!

Gerry

4. Allanon

Allanon Active Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Swatting is when someone calls 9-1-1 and reports a mass shooting taking place and the police sends S.W.A.T. to investigate.

Also, while Diane was passed out S.W.A.T. probably figured out that it was a fake call. Her husband could have shown his Director of Veteran Affairs credentials.

5. Gerryex

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...

OK! I guess that makes sense. But they could have explained it a little more than they did. But again still a very good show and I hope its renewed for another season.

Gerry