1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Good Fight CBS all access *spoilers* possible....

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by TIVO_GUY_HERE, Feb 28, 2017.

1. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    So I watched the 1st episode on CBS, and notice they edited out dialog,
    I guess it was letting us know that online, they say things, lets say a lot more colorful than they do on the *EYE network.
    I've caught the other episodes by (cough cough *other means). and so far I like it.

A big win is having Eli Golds daughter being Diane assistant, she was great on TGW.

2. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I am quite enjoying. I think they were very smart on who they brought over from The Good Wife. I agree with you about Eli's daughter (whose name is momentarily escaping me). I also like the addition of the girl from Game Of Thrones.

I read somewhere that all the episodes were written after Trump won the election so it all feels very current.

I don't think I would pay for CBS ALL Access for it. They were offering a 6 day free trial and I was able to watch the first 3.

3. vertigo235

vertigo235 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    Oh wow I knew I had seen her before.

You know nothing vertigo235!!

4. Mar 1, 2017 #4 of 50
    scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    I was wondering where they were going plot-wise to keep these characters interesting, and they made it pretty clear in the first episode.

I hope Gary Cole is a regular, and not an occasional guest star.

5. Mar 4, 2017 #5 of 50
    efilippi

efilippi Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il
    Why the move to streaming, you think? I don't like to pay extra for a tv show, even though that seems to be the way things are going, but I do dislike having to hunt around to find the show. Perhaps the younger of us (or those more flexible than I) don't have a problem with finding CBS Access but it took me a while. Does CBS think this show has a different audience than the earlier show?

Tivo does a pretty good job of finding shows, streamed or broadcast, and then showing them all in one spot in "Now Playing." But it fails at Good Fight and I guess at all that show only via streaming. And for me, if it's not on Now Playing it basically doesn't exist, at least in my household. I enjoyed Zelda and Red Oaks but getting myself to hunt them down just bugged the heck out of me. Probably an indicator of my background and habits.

Will CBS make more money from Good Fight on streaming than it would have on broadcast? If not, why do it?

6. Mar 4, 2017 #6 of 50
    ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    My guess is that "The Good Fight" is a loss-leader. CBS is using it to entice people into signing up for CBS Access.

7. Mar 4, 2017 #7 of 50
    series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    When their pay-for-streaming extortion fails they can always use it as filler for Showtime.

8. The Spud

The Spud Rather be cruising TCF Club

Aug 27, 2002
    Kent, WA
    Nice to see Elsbeth back. At the beginning of the episode I thought that the entertainment lawyer was going to be Elsbeth-light. When Luca mentioned knowing an unconventional lawyer later in the episode, my first thought was I hope it's Elsbeth.

9. Apr 4, 2017 #9 of 50
    Cainebj

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    We are up to episode 8 and I'm still loving it.
    The Dad ponzy scheme sub-plot is a little tired but great cast great writing.

It's a complete and total shame that one of the best shows on TV is probably not being seen by many.
    It would be nice if they moved it to broadcast TV. I think it would pair pretty well with Madam Secretary.

dbranco likes this.
  10. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    I'm liking this every bit as much as I did The Good Wife, and that was one of my favorites.

dbranco likes this.
  11. efilippi

efilippi Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il
    I still cant press a remote button and see the show. You whippersnappers enjoy it, ok?

12. Howie

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    I promise to stay off your lawn.

13. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    i'm still enjoying it, but I am tiring of the "F" bombs, and such every other sentence. We get it....

14. Howie

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    Language doesn't bother me. I hardly even notice it anymore.

15. dbranco

dbranco Member

Nov 20, 2003
    Yup, same here!!

16. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    I agree. I don't mind occasional cursing to mimic real life, but too many shows overdo it just to prove they can, or to attempt to titillate, or sometimes simply to pander to the lowest common denominator. I find Suits ridiculous overuse of "s**t" to be the most annoying. This all started with NYPD Blue. Their producers / writers decided to introduce a curse word of the week and use it a dozen or so times during that episode just as a child will repeat a curse word he or she just learned to get a reaction. As I recall they were the first mainstream network series to use certain of those words (as well, of course, as to show rear nudity).

17. Cainebj

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I agree with you about the S word and Suits, but I am not finding the language on The Good Fight to be that over the top. The characterization that they are dropping the F word every other sentence is exaggerated.

18. BrettStah

BrettStah Well-Known Member TCF Club

Nov 12, 2000
    San Antonio
    Having worked in many offices, including law offices, the language doesn't seem out of place at all to me.

What DOES stick out is how quickly cases are litigated on the show! :)

19. thewebgal

thewebgal MacAphile AV geek

Aug 10, 2007
    DC 'burbs
    Darned shame they did not put that on regular CBS ...
    I won't buy HULU or their streaming service, so a lot of regular viewers like me will miss what is apparently a decent show.
    Yet they ran Under the Dumb and similar fare on the main network ... sigh ...

20. Hcour

Hcour Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2007
    How many episodes in this season? Thanks.