The Following - S01E13 - “Havenport” - 4/15/2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Cereal_Killer, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer Member

Jan 5, 2007

Advertisements

I don’t think I’m going to make to the end of this pile of horse manure they call a show.

The first scene, I said to myself: yea they got Roderick!

But no, the dumb FBI guy with the busted face tries to nab him himself instead of calling for the entire FBI backup team that is right in the other room!

Also, later when Hardy and Roderick show up at the house where Joey is at and they get shot at, where in-the-hell are all the FBI people?

Aren’t they right outside? Didn’t they hear all the shooting? What the hell?

I know this is wrong, but we all laughed when the FBI boss got stabbed in the eye at the end. They had guns trained on her and he still got it. Idiot!

Ah....Whatever!

I give up!

2. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi TCF Club

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    Our broadcast was taken over by local news coverage from Boston.

I don't think I'll be looking to find this episode. Maybe this is where I finally get off the train for good.

3. crazywater

crazywater USS TiVo NCC-1780

Mar 7, 2001
    USA
    There's only two left so I have made it this far I have to see how it ends and where they plan on taking it next season.

4. jr461

jr461 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Northern NJ
    My thoughts exactly on all counts. Absolutely hysterical TV.

5. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts

Advertisements

The Following is the best comedy on TV.

6. CraigK

CraigK (unspecified)

Jun 9, 2006
    North of...
    You forgot the part about how he left the kid alone in the bedroom.

7. Gerryex

Gerryex Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    My thoughts EXACTLY!!! I was yelling at the TV and I don't usually do that! Since there's only 2 more episodes I'll stick with it but all of this stupidity by the law enforcement people is very disappointing!!

Gerry

8. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    I'm actually liking the show more and more, and the "hard to believe" stuff seems to be happening less and less.

9. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I was amused that the Great Criminal Mastermind's response to every setback was to tell people to calm down.

How's that workin' for you, Joe? :D

It is fun watching him unravel.

I was also amused that not once but twice people who seemed to be doing really stupid things were actually being quite clever (Ryan escaping with Roderick, and Claire thinking Joe would choose her over Joey). It's almost as if all the really stupid things people have been doing all season were just to set us up for this.

Then they redeemed my faith in their stupidity by having the backup parked several blocks away, beyond earshot of repeated gunfire. Either that, or Nike's phone call went something like "Hey, FBI guys? All those gunshots you're hearing? Just a heads-up...not some neighbor shooting squirrels."

10. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    No one's mentioned how those State Troopers let themselves get shot by Sheriff Roderick.

And I was rolling my eyes again about how they didn't call for backup when getting shot at in the house but at least Mike did so, a tad belatedly.

11. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    Agreed. Both of those "impressed" me.

When Ryan first escaped with Roderick, I think I audibly groaned at first. I was impressed it was actually a clever plan.

12. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Hey, I actually like this show (though with it, Hannibal, and Bates Motel, there are way too many gory or creepy [Bates Motel really isn't gory comparatively] shows on)..

But has there ever really been a case of a cop/FBI guy going, with no weapons, along with a murderer? (I'm not counting undercover in the mob.)

13. jr461

jr461 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Northern NJ
    It was a clever plan what with all the backup involved, however, as usual, they never show up to help. It's always the same 2-3 people in every life/death situation (Hardy, Weston and/or the girl - sorry I forgot her character's name).

14. Craigbob

Craigbob Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2006
    San Antonio
    I'm glad there are only two episodes left. The stupidity is getting to me. I feel like my IQ drops a few points every time I watch this show.

They should've had the location of the house within the time it took Roderick to drive there. Police cars have gps tracking units installed. All they had to do was track his car and bingo they have the house!

Sigh... At least my Sp will be done in two weeks.

15. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I don't understand the complaints about the police not knowing where they were and the backup being too far away. The whole thing was supposed to be done on the down low and not let Roderick (or anyone else) know that Ryan wasn't acting alone. As far as they knew, Roderick was going to give up Joey and then Ryan would let him go, and the backup would catch him then after Joey was far away.

As far as stupidity goes, this was the best episode so far, IMO.

16. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Well, I have to admit - I snapped.

I started watching this episode and right after the FBI kid standing around watching the sheriff bad guy and then trying to get him to submit (even I knew that wouldn't happen!), the bad guy takes off and FBI kid is taken down, I was outta there.

I stopped right there, deleted the ep, and went in and deleted the SP. That was last night. This morning I still have no regrets. I guess I just reached my breaking point with the stupid.

I think this is the first show that made me suddenly unable to take another minute. But I'll probably still read the threads until it's over. ha! (no threadcrapping, though, I promise)

17. purwater

purwater I make tasty water

Aug 25, 2005
    SW Virginia
    Most of the comments made above were things I said to my wife before they happened. Like Westin (sp?) trying to stop Roderick instead of yelling to all the FBI "hey here's the guy that beat me and stabbed me". I also knew they'd find a way to leave Joey alone so he'd be taken by Jacob. The stupidity makes me actually get angry watching. I'd have deleted the sp a long time ago if my wife didn't want to finish it out to see how it ends. I can buy into some pretty far fetched ideas if done well, but this one just wears me out.

18. Johnny Dancing

Johnny Dancing Closet Rebel

Sep 3, 2000
    Detroit
    My wife and I have been watching just to see how stupid it could get. About 25 minutes in it finally crossed the line from 'so stupid its fun to watch and criticize it' to 'I can't take it anymore'. We both turned to each other and said "let's watch something else" and turned it off and watched The Americans instead.

Not sure what to do. With 2.5 episodes left, we may try our best to stick through this to the end. But next season is a definite no SP. There is just too much good stuff on TV to waste time on this show.

I did the same thing with Revenge last year. I made it to the end of season 1 and that was it.

19. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    It is dumb, but with 2 episodes left I will see it through to the end.

And Kevin Bacon is still nice eye candy.

20. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Yeah, I was surprised that I suddenly found myself unable to watch any more of this. I'm not usually one to quit when I've invested myself to this degree.

I initially tuned in because I love Kevin Bacon. But the dumb just got on a level that I felt like I couldn't have my intelligence (what's left of it. ha!) insulted for another second.

I hope they tie it together nicely. I read somewhere some really bizarre 'spoilers'. I don't even know if they were true. That's how much of a non-source I think it was. But who knows, eh? Anything could happen - well, except maybe catching the bad guy...