THe Following 4/22/13 "The End Is Near"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Rob Helmerichs, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis

Advertisements

So you're evacuating the area that you know a Secret Serial Killer Society is hiding out. You take all the people and put them into a confined space. And you don't check their IDs or search them for weapons.

I swear, this show is COMEDY GOLD!! :D

2. Azlen

Azlen Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    You and your partner are doing a neighborhood sweep. Someone answers the door at a house and you are suspicious as one of the people you are after is standing in front of you. What should you do?

A. Pull your weapons.
    B. Don't take your eyes off of the subject and watch for any sudden movements.
    C. Ask the subject to show you their hands and step outside the house.
    D. Look at your partner with a dumb look and say "uh-oh" to yourself as the suspect pulls out a weapon and kills you.

Congratulations, if you chose D you can help us catch a killer cult. Sorry if it takes a while to get back to you. We put some cult members in a gym with the general public and we're a little busy at the moment.

3. jamesbobo

jamesbobo with a grain of salt

Jun 18, 2000
    NJ
    If someone is trying to kill you and you're able to break a bottle of wine over his head, grab a fork and stick it in his abdomen and leave. Don't plunge it in his neck where it would do more damage. Or now that you have a broken bottle, don't stab him in the neck with that.

4. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I see the Followers have learned the Governor's uncanny ability to track somebody who's running through the woods by driving down the street.

Of course, on Walking Dead Andrea didn't help out by running out into the street and waving down her pursuer, so give the Guv extra credit...

5. jr461

jr461 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Northern NJ

Advertisements

So it appears there's an entire army of various law enforcement outside the rec center (or wherever they were) yet, once again, here are our 3 heroes, with no backup, left to fend off the cult on their own. Shots are fired, there's panic and mayhem, and still, no support. Absolutely hysterical!

6. Gerryex

Gerryex Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...

After you evacuate the area and you go back in to search for any remaining bad guys, you should definitely do it alone! That way you guarantee being captured by the bad guys who then proceed to bury you alive!!! I was YELLING at the TV for our lead FBI lady to GET BACKUP!!!!

And the bad guys are just as dumb. It showed in the preview for next week's episode that the FBI lady still had her cell phone and is talking to Ryan from the coffin. The bad guys should have searched her and removed anything that she could use to escape. (Of course if she took lessons from Pai Mei, like Beatrix Kiddo did, then all she would need is her hands to brake out of the coffin!!!)

First off breaking a bottle of wine over someone's head should knock them out at least for a little while. But I agree that after she stuck the fork into the old wound she should have stuck it into as many other places on his body as she could. Again I was YELLING at the TV for her to do more damage to him.

Well, next week is the season finale and I think we'll all be glad when this comedy. . .er ah crime drama is over!

Gerry

7. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I almost went blind after watching this bit because I was rolling my eyes so hard that they almost didn't come back.

BTW, did they say anything about the FBI director that got stabbed in the eye last week or is it that we will hear of him nevermore?

8. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    let's not forget - for at least the third episode - our heros are once again searching for cult killers, indoors, in the dark.

does everyone know where everbody else's circuit breakers are in this town?

9. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    I loved this show when it first started but things just went down hill for me. I stopped watching after Claire went to the house.

10. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I'm still watching for the comedy aspect of it, but I don't see myself coming back for next season unless they really surprise me with some kind of set-up next week (I assume Joe will be out of the picture).

11. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I also watch purely for the comedic aspect. It's the best comedy on TV.

12. jamesbobo

Jun 18, 2000
    NJ
    And the bad guys are just as dumb. It showed in the preview for next week's episode that the FBI lady still had her cell phone and is talking to Ryan from the coffin. The bad guys should have searched her and removed anything that she could use to escape. (Of course if she took lessons from Pai Mei, like Beatrix Kiddo did, then all she would need is her hands to brake out of the coffin!!!)

That could be part of the plan. Why bury her and not kill her? They want her to communicate with Ryan and his team so that they will look for her instead of go after Joe while he's making his escape.
    At least that's my guess.

13. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    No, I don't think they even mentioned it in this episode. That was supposed to be the big cliffhanger at the end of last week's episode, yet it may as well have never happened. Horrible writing.

14. jamesbobo

Jun 18, 2000
    NJ
    I remember them saying in the very beginning of the episode that someone was sent to the hospital but it was said so quickly if you blinked you missed it.

15. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    I expected something about it in the proverbial "Previously', but there was nothing.

16. Gerryex

Gerryex Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    Yes, I believe this was mentioned and that it was the guy that got stabbed in the eye.

Gerry

17. super dave

super dave Friend Of The Court

Oct 1, 2002
    Maple Shade, NJ
    They did mention that he was in the hospital and I forget the rest.

18. NJ_HB

NJ_HB TiVo/MCE/PSP

Mar 21, 2007
    Piscataway,...
  19. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    the most accurate review i have come across for the following, in any medium. thanks for sharing! julie gets :up::up:

20. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Heck, I thought she should have forked him in both eyes.